HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why ‘Mulholland Drive’ is the Essential David Lynch Experience

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Why ‘Mulholland Drive’ is the Essential David Lynch Experience Empty
PostSubject: Why ‘Mulholland Drive’ is the Essential David Lynch Experience   Why ‘Mulholland Drive’ is the Essential David Lynch Experience EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 9:39 am

I read this piece and watched the video, and it all just reinforced my existing thoughts: why do people rave about David Lynch so much? I find his work interesting, a bit weird, a bit insane. But I don't feel inclined to rave about him. A lot of people think he is the best director around, absolutely essential viewing. I don't get that.

Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Why ‘Mulholland Drive’ is the Essential David Lynch Experience   Why ‘Mulholland Drive’ is the Essential David Lynch Experience EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 10:25 am

I was introduced to David Lynch films by watching Eraserhead. Probably the strangest film I've ever seen.

Lynch's movies are very engaging, with a lot of "WTF?" moments. Most people won't enjoy them at all because of those moments.

I don't rave about Lynch - or anyone else, for that matter - but I do enjoy his work. It's difficult to find a film with a story which you haven't seen before. That's not a problem with his films.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Why ‘Mulholland Drive’ is the Essential David Lynch Experience   Why ‘Mulholland Drive’ is the Essential David Lynch Experience EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 10:01 pm

He did 'Blue Velvet" didn't he? Not a Lynch fan (besides 'Eraserhead', which is iconic but not terribly watchable). I think I've probably seen 6-7 of his films, and I too wonder what all the fuss is about.

I'm a lot less intrigued by WTF moments than I am flashes of brilliance. Too many of the former, not enough of the latter.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Why ‘Mulholland Drive’ is the Essential David Lynch Experience   Why ‘Mulholland Drive’ is the Essential David Lynch Experience EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 8:20 am

Yes, Lynch directed Blue Velvet, He also wrote the screenplay. Great movie. Have the DVD and the LaserDisc.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Why ‘Mulholland Drive’ is the Essential David Lynch Experience   Why ‘Mulholland Drive’ is the Essential David Lynch Experience EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 9:45 am

I thought Blue Velvet was going to be about Elizabeth Taylor's depressions. Imagine my surprise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why ‘Mulholland Drive’ is the Essential David Lynch Experience   Why ‘Mulholland Drive’ is the Essential David Lynch Experience Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1