HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

movie: Kong: Skull Island

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

movie: Kong: Skull Island Empty
PostSubject: movie: Kong: Skull Island   movie: Kong: Skull Island EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 9:24 pm

The other night, I was kind of at a loose end, so I decided to catch a late movie. And the one that was convenient was Kong: Skull Island. Now, going into this movie, you expect to see monsters, headlined by this big-ass gorilla, and see a fair amount of shooting and blowing things up. Deep philosophy? No. Action and wow-factor? Yes. Fodder for your inner 9-year-old.

I have to say, this movie delivers. You get to see Kong within the first couple of minutes of the flick, and he is definitely front and center a lot of the time throughout. There is action galore, and the inner child leaves well-satisfied. So if you are in the mood for that sort of movie, this is a really good one to choose.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: movie: Kong: Skull Island   movie: Kong: Skull Island EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 9:10 am

The reviews have generally been unkind.

Last year I gained copies of the 1933, 1976 and 2005 versions so I may be more critical than most.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: movie: Kong: Skull Island   movie: Kong: Skull Island EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 10:54 am

It doesn't attempt anything like the original King Kong. This Kong is mean and scary, and even when you find him fighting for the good guys and getting hurt, there's very little pathos or gentleness on display. But the movie doesn't really try for that: the plot is nothing like the original.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: movie: Kong: Skull Island   movie: Kong: Skull Island Empty

Back to top Go down

movie: Kong: Skull Island
Page 1 of 1