HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Progressive" versus "Traditional"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

"Progressive" versus "Traditional" Empty
PostSubject: "Progressive" versus "Traditional"   "Progressive" versus "Traditional" EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 7:42 am

For some reason today I was thinking about the Republicans decrying "the progressive agenda" and wondering what kind of mindset finds "progress" distasteful.

It's people who think "traditional values" are being lost, people who think "Make America Great Again" means overturning the "progressive agenda" and returning to an era (1950s perhaps?) when white men ruled the roost and women knew their place, and there were no uppity niggers in the goddamn WHITE house.

Maybe the era is pre-Civil War, before the Northerners upset the genteel plantation life of the South.

Anyway, we Progressives think of "progress" as an unimpeachable good thing, but it's become apparent that a substantial portion of the country does not agree. It'll take me a while to wrap my head around that.
Back to top Go down
kilo

kilo

PostSubject: Re: "Progressive" versus "Traditional"   "Progressive" versus "Traditional" EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 11:10 am

The traditionalists want to do to "progressive" as they did to "liberal" — heap so much scorn and misinformation on the term that it becomes freighted with too much baggage to be meaningful. I think the progressive movement should adopt a new name, something that would be more difficult to subvert — how about "small 'r' republicans"?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: "Progressive" versus "Traditional"   "Progressive" versus "Traditional" EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 6:32 pm

The word "patriot" is available for co-option?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Progressive" versus "Traditional"   "Progressive" versus "Traditional" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Progressive" versus "Traditional"
Page 1 of 1