HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bank Glitch Allows Man to Spend Over $1 Million and Walk Away Free

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Bank Glitch Allows Man to Spend Over $1 Million and Walk Away Free Empty
PostSubject: Bank Glitch Allows Man to Spend Over $1 Million and Walk Away Free   Bank Glitch Allows Man to Spend Over $1 Million and Walk Away Free EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 6:56 pm

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Bank Glitch Allows Man to Spend Over $1 Million and Walk Away Free   Bank Glitch Allows Man to Spend Over $1 Million and Walk Away Free EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 8:15 pm

Quote :
He told the Daily Telegraph he doesn’t miss the high life “besides the cocaine, the strippers and fast cars.”
For a while at least, he lived like a banker -- stealing other peoples' money and living like a rock star.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Bank Glitch Allows Man to Spend Over $1 Million and Walk Away Free   Bank Glitch Allows Man to Spend Over $1 Million and Walk Away Free EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:25 am

He wasn't stealing money - he was borrowing it.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Bank Glitch Allows Man to Spend Over $1 Million and Walk Away Free   Bank Glitch Allows Man to Spend Over $1 Million and Walk Away Free EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 2:31 pm

Chase Bank accidentally deposited $50 billion to somebody's account.

You know, I have banked with credit unions exclusively since 1982, when BoA told me my deposit slip wasn't sufficient proof when they lost my paycheck.  I've had several tussles with Chase, BoA, Wells Fargo, Washington Mutual, Citi, Capital One and others -- mostly to do with mortgages or estates where I didn't get to choose the bank -- and not a single major bank is trustworthy or well-run.  Every encounter has been excruciating.

The beneficiary of this unforced error should AT LEAST be allowed to keep the interest accrued on his account.

Oh, right.  There isn't any.

Quote :
People who spend money mistakenly deposited into their bank accounts can be made to return the funds, pay fees and even be charged with crimes. In 2019, a Pennsylvania couple faced felony theft charges after their bank accidentally deposited $120,000 into their account, and the couple spent most of it instead of contacting the bank, police said.

Meanwhile, accountability for the bank = 0.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bank Glitch Allows Man to Spend Over $1 Million and Walk Away Free   Bank Glitch Allows Man to Spend Over $1 Million and Walk Away Free Empty

Back to top Go down

Bank Glitch Allows Man to Spend Over $1 Million and Walk Away Free
Page 1 of 1