HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Second Cousins," "Once Removed", and More Explained in Chart Form

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

"Second Cousins," "Once Removed", and More Explained in Chart Form Empty
PostSubject: "Second Cousins," "Once Removed", and More Explained in Chart Form    "Second Cousins," "Once Removed", and More Explained in Chart Form EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 8:19 pm

This is brilliant. I never knew what these terms meant, but this chart makes it very clear.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: "Second Cousins," "Once Removed", and More Explained in Chart Form    "Second Cousins," "Once Removed", and More Explained in Chart Form EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 7:28 am

You're right, it's brilliant. I learned a lot from it! I think that's a "printer & keeper".
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: "Second Cousins," "Once Removed", and More Explained in Chart Form    "Second Cousins," "Once Removed", and More Explained in Chart Form EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 8:22 am

I read somewhere that if you get as far as "tenth cousin", you're pretty much talking the entire population of the world. At the time, I thought that sounded both kind of neat and also slightly unbelievable, but not knowing exactly what a "tenth cousin" would be, I wasn't really in a position to judge.

Now I see. And it is kind of unbelievable. But if it's true, it's also kind of neat.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: "Second Cousins," "Once Removed", and More Explained in Chart Form    "Second Cousins," "Once Removed", and More Explained in Chart Form EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 8:32 am

We're all descended from Adam and Eve, so, yeah.

It's the second generation I worry about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Second Cousins," "Once Removed", and More Explained in Chart Form    "Second Cousins," "Once Removed", and More Explained in Chart Form Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1