Aaarrrggghhh

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Aaarrrggghhh - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aaarrrggghhh   Aaarrrggghhh - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 6:28 pm

On the contrary, we AAA members TAKE PRIDE in our assholiness.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Aaarrrggghhh   Aaarrrggghhh - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 4:13 pm

I've done another one. Cooking again - I'm going to have to eat more take-out. This time I was in the preparation stages and managed to knock a knife off the work-top. Of course it hit my toe, point first. Fortunately it was just a utility knife, not the chef's knife, so it wasn't as heavy (and not so sharp) as it might have been, so I still have five toes on that foot. It did have me bleeding on the rug though, and practicing some swear words.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Aaarrrggghhh   Aaarrrggghhh - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Ouch.

I spent part of yesterday carving some tongue-and-groove boards to fill a hole in the siding of the new house. I was trimming the boards with a running Skilsaw. I was aware that carving wood with an open saw blade is dangerous, but I was careful. Still have all my fingers and toes (and other appendages).
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Aaarrrggghhh   Aaarrrggghhh - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 5:18 pm

Several years ago, an old friend of mine was working part time for a cabinet maker. He managed to cut off his left thumb on a table saw. Someone scooped up the thumb and they rushed him to a hospital. The thumb could not be reattached, so they cut off one of his big toes and replaced the thumb with it. Mike was fine with the toe, because he could still operate the clutch on his Harley. That was his only concern about the situation.

Bikers have their priorities right!
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Aaarrrggghhh   Aaarrrggghhh - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 5:24 pm

richard09 wrote:
This time I was in the preparation stages and managed to knock a knife off the work-top. Of course it hit my toe, point first.

About twenty years ago, my wife was out of town and I ordered a pizza. Somehow, while slicing the damned thing, the large, sharp knife I was using twisted in my hand and slipped. I didn't drop the knife, because it stopped when it hit the large first knuckle on my left thumb (lots of left thumb stories, huh?). It sliced through the skin and muscle and hit the bone. Fucking blood everywhere; it was amazing how much blood there was. A friend, Dr. C, showed up immediately after the slicing and took me to the ER. They had to put stitches in the muscle as well as the skin.

Pizza is dangerous. Remember that.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Aaarrrggghhh   Aaarrrggghhh - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 6:05 pm

Duly noted.

Although usually it's burns on the roof of my mouth.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Aaarrrggghhh   Aaarrrggghhh - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 4:34 pm

_Howard wrote:
Hey. I had an Eclipse. A red 1995 GS. Quite a fun little car.

I had a 2001 Spyder, fully loaded. This isn't mine, but it looked exactly like that.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Aaarrrggghhh   Aaarrrggghhh - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 5:11 pm

What's German for "Aaarrrggghhh"?

My wife's Mercedes has a slow leak on the right rear tire; it loses a pound or two of pressure every day. She has taken it to at least three places and all she got was, "We can't find it."  I have a compressor that I air it up with, but I am getting really tired of that. I can't use any of the seal leak that can be injected into tires, as the wheel has a pressure sensor (and I hate that crap anyway). My friend wants to fill it with nitrogen, as that has larger molecules that won't escape through the tire, but I just want the damned thing fixed. I guess I could buy a new wheel, sensor, and tire, but now we're talking at least a grand. Fuck that.

Aaarrrggghhh!!!!
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Aaarrrggghhh   Aaarrrggghhh - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 9:08 pm

Slow leaks can be a bitch to diagnose -- anything from a faulty valve (had one of those) to hairline cracks in the wheel (had one of those) to defects in the tyre (had more than one of those).  What's even more "Aaaarrrrggghhh" is when, like happened to us a couple weeks ago, the slow leak turns into a fairly rapid leak overnight, in the morning the wheel is sitting on the rim, and the tyre -- with less than 1,000 miles on it -- is ruint.  We had to buy a new $300+ tyre.

BTW, in German it's "Aaaaccccchhhhttttt!"
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Aaarrrggghhh   Aaarrrggghhh - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 9:51 am

Just to make things more interesting, the Merc has a sensor attached to the valve stem:

Aaarrrggghhh - Page 2 Rb974301_is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aaarrrggghhh   Aaarrrggghhh - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aaarrrggghhh
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Topics :: Just For Fun-
Jump to: