HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lives Are on the Line: The Smearing of LGBTs by the Right Is More Than Disturbing—It's Dangerous

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Lives Are on the Line: The Smearing of LGBTs by the Right Is More Than Disturbing—It's Dangerous Empty
PostSubject: Lives Are on the Line: The Smearing of LGBTs by the Right Is More Than Disturbing—It's Dangerous   Lives Are on the Line: The Smearing of LGBTs by the Right Is More Than Disturbing—It's Dangerous EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:05 pm

This I just find so disturbing. I'm not gay, not at all. Nobody in my family is gay or trans as far as I know (which may not be the 100% distance one would wish). But I can't imagine what would motivate somebody to be so full of hate as to think any of these "religious freedom" (or whatever excuse) laws to legitimate prejudice and bigotry are a good idea. I know we've mentioned this before. But what the hell is wrong with these assholes?

It is pretty clear that the Orlando shooting was perpetrated by a closeted gay man who was so full of self-hate that he decided to commit suicide and take as many people as he could with him. Some of that came from the religious bullshit forced on him by his family and community, especially his father. Assholes like Ted Cruz seek to deflect the blame from their own bigotry to his religion, which is conveniently different. But Christian bigotry is just as bad as Moslem bigotry.

And so you get crap offered up as policy.

Lives Are on the Line: The Smearing of LGBTs by the Right Is More Than Disturbing—It's Dangerous
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Lives Are on the Line: The Smearing of LGBTs by the Right Is More Than Disturbing—It's Dangerous Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lives Are on the Line: The Smearing of LGBTs by the Right Is More Than Disturbing—It's Dangerous   Lives Are on the Line: The Smearing of LGBTs by the Right Is More Than Disturbing—It's Dangerous EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 2:09 pm

The right found out long ago that the only way to get votes is to appeal to the most-base characteristics of the electorate. They can't win a damn thing if they campaign on their true goals. The destruction of people's lives is meaningless to them.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Lives Are on the Line: The Smearing of LGBTs by the Right Is More Than Disturbing—It's Dangerous   Lives Are on the Line: The Smearing of LGBTs by the Right Is More Than Disturbing—It's Dangerous EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 7:36 pm

_Howard wrote:
The right found out long ago that the only way to get votes is to appeal to the most-base characteristics of the electorate. They can't win a damn thing if they campaign on their true goals. The destruction of people's lives is meaningless to them.
The far right found out a long time ago that the only way to get votes (and more importantly, money) out of the electorate is to tell them they are under attack, and that they -- the far right politicians -- are the only thing standing between them -- the electorate -- and the annihilation of everything they believe.

Doesn't matter if the enemy is gays, or libruls, or godless communists, or people coming to confiscate all the guns. What matters is the decent god-fearing folk feel threatened by forces they cannot defeat by themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lives Are on the Line: The Smearing of LGBTs by the Right Is More Than Disturbing—It's Dangerous   Lives Are on the Line: The Smearing of LGBTs by the Right Is More Than Disturbing—It's Dangerous Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1