HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will Trump's Plan Work?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Will Trump's Plan Work? Empty
PostSubject: Will Trump's Plan Work?   Will Trump's Plan Work? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:26 pm

I've gotten myself on the Heritage Foundation's mailing list, and today's screed from Jim DeMint says in part:
Jim DeMint wrote:
The ISIS attacks in Belgium earlier this week were the result of a misguided global approach to terrorism. At the helm of this approach: President Obama.

The Obama Doctrine has proved disastrous. Concerned mainly with "fundamentally transforming" the United States, his policy has been to retrench abroad by accommodating adversaries --  Cuba most recently -- and flailing in response to threats like ISIS.
The Belgium attacks are Obama's fault.

Jim does not lay out what he would do differently to combat ISIS, but Donald Trump has: he wants to assassinate the families of suspected ISIS members.

Assuming he could even do this, I have to wonder -- would it work?  The suicide bombers all are willing to die for "the cause" and I tend to believe they'd feel the same way about their families (two of the Belgium bombers were brothers, several other bombers have been sisters or mothers of radicalized jihadists).  I'm not sure the fear of death is really a deterrent to radical jihadists -- theirs or somebody they love.

It might only steel their resolve.

It certainly would remove any reservations they had about targeting Americans, or about the morality of their mission. And it would put us on their level.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Will Trump's Plan Work?   Will Trump's Plan Work? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 8:59 pm

You have to love how Cuba is still an adversary. Somebody needs to remind him: the Soviet Union doesn't exist any more.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Will Trump's Plan Work?   Will Trump's Plan Work? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 9:36 pm

Maybe he's afraid of socialized medicine and 1957 Chevies.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Will Trump's Plan Work?   Will Trump's Plan Work? EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 8:28 am

Nah. The Chevys don't bother him, but he is terrified of 1952 Pontiacs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Trump's Plan Work?   Will Trump's Plan Work? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Trump's Plan Work?
Page 1 of 1