HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie: Groundhog Day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Groundhog Day Empty
PostSubject: Movie: Groundhog Day   Movie: Groundhog Day EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 7:31 pm

Comedy Central is playing it twice in a row.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Groundhog Day   Movie: Groundhog Day EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Watched it again last year.

Watched it again today. Twice.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Groundhog Day   Movie: Groundhog Day EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 1:36 pm

Concurrently or sequentially?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Groundhog Day   Movie: Groundhog Day EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 1:38 pm

Neither.

There was a couple hours in between.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Groundhog Day   Movie: Groundhog Day EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 2:11 pm

That's why I didn't say consecutively.

You ever watch two displays of a movie concurrently?

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Groundhog Day   Movie: Groundhog Day EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 2:28 pm

I have heard there are some movies which allow you to switch camera angles, but I've never seen one. Is that what you meant?

Mrs NoCo drives me nuts. She'll watch one TV series on her iPad while the TV is playing another show. Me, I can't multitask like that.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Groundhog Day   Movie: Groundhog Day EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 2:44 pm

I watched one of the Star Wars movies - I think it was the first one - on two televisions at the same time.

One of the movies was full screen and one was wide screen. The TVs were different sizes, so the height of the movies was the same. I wanted to see what I was missing with a full screen version. Turns out that there was never anything going on at the extremes of the wide screen version. All of the action was in the middle of the picture. The wide screen version did not add any information to the movie, just some pretty shots.

I think Groundhog Day was an hilarious movie, but I think any movie with that cast would be hilarious.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Groundhog Day   Movie: Groundhog Day EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 3:57 pm

There are very few pan-and-scan transfers because it's so rare for any action to be in the extreme left or extreme right of the screen. I think perhaps Cleopatra, Around The World in 80 Days and 2001: A Space Odyssey might be the only ones I know of.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Groundhog Day   Movie: Groundhog Day EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 7:36 pm

I will of course watch Bill Murray's magnum opus once or twice tomorrow, but tonight I have found another diversion: Russian Doll.

In it, Natasha Lyonne (Nikki from "Orange Is The New Black") keeps dying and coming back to relive the same day, over and over. So far (its a series with eight half-hour episodes) it's powerfully weird and engaging. Natasha is of course a master actor, and I guess other cast members from OITNB show up as well (I'll have to watch for them).

I love time travel shows.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Groundhog Day   Movie: Groundhog Day EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 10:53 pm

On about the sixth episode things turn dark. They get progressively darker and weirder until the plot resolves.

Amy Poehler is a co-writer.

Really nice series.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Groundhog Day   Movie: Groundhog Day EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 9:34 am

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Groundhog Day   Movie: Groundhog Day EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 9:08 am

Time to pull "Groundhog Day" out for another turn or two. That movie never gets old.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Groundhog Day   Movie: Groundhog Day EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 8:27 pm

It never gets old.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Groundhog Day   Movie: Groundhog Day EmptyThu Feb 02, 2023 6:39 pm

I missed it last year. I shan't tonight.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Groundhog Day   Movie: Groundhog Day EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 5:36 am

Or today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Groundhog Day   Movie: Groundhog Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie: Groundhog Day
Page 1 of 1