HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SCOTUS and the MEA

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

SCOTUS and the MEA Empty
PostSubject: SCOTUS and the MEA   SCOTUS and the MEA EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 7:55 am

I just heard the Supreme Court legalized same sex marriage this morning.  That'll be news for a while!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/26/supreme-court-same-sex-couples-can-marry-in-all-50-states/
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

SCOTUS and the MEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCOTUS and the MEA   SCOTUS and the MEA EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:12 am

Predictably Fox News has announced the apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

SCOTUS and the MEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCOTUS and the MEA   SCOTUS and the MEA EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:48 am

The Republic of Tex-ass has come out on record saying they will not comply.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

SCOTUS and the MEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCOTUS and the MEA   SCOTUS and the MEA EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 4:47 pm

Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

SCOTUS and the MEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCOTUS and the MEA   SCOTUS and the MEA EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 4:48 pm

You want to really mess with them, take away all their pickup trucks.

Or shoot their dogs.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

SCOTUS and the MEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCOTUS and the MEA   SCOTUS and the MEA EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 5:20 pm

richard09 wrote:
After we invade Texas and take away all their guns, it won't matter.
Quote :
There have been many, many military exercises carried out on U.S. soil by the U.S. military. Where else are they supposed to train? And just because the simulation map calls Texas “hostile” for the purpose of the exercise doesn’t mean the military really consider Texans to be enemies of the state. It’s only a war game, folks.
Or is it?

I for one would welcome the subjugation of the Republic of Texas. They've been a goddamn "hostile" pain in the ass for too long. Way too long.

Condemn the land under Eminent Domain, occupy it with National Guard, dismiss and/or arrest the leadership, and give the territory to -- oh, I dunno -- New Hampshire? That oughta make 'em lose their minds.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

SCOTUS and the MEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCOTUS and the MEA   SCOTUS and the MEA EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 5:44 pm

The hard part will be finding someone who will take the damn state.

I think the Texans are still pissed off because the first time or two they applied for statehood they were turned down. They can really hold a grudge.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

SCOTUS and the MEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCOTUS and the MEA   SCOTUS and the MEA EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 6:56 pm

The Beltrán-Leyva Cartel. The Beltrán-Leyva Cartel would probably accept the gift.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

SCOTUS and the MEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCOTUS and the MEA   SCOTUS and the MEA EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 7:12 pm

I thought they were out of business.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

SCOTUS and the MEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCOTUS and the MEA   SCOTUS and the MEA EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:15 pm

We should re-activate them. I'm sure they are all very nice people.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

SCOTUS and the MEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCOTUS and the MEA   SCOTUS and the MEA EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 7:39 am

I spent some time in Texas when I was training for Cisco. Also my sister worked in San Antonio for about six years.

Pickup trucks, barbecue, cowboy boots and a white-hot hatred for Mexicans were minimum entrance requirements -- even if you were an immigrant Mexican. Distrust of the federal government and reverence for guns. Nobody talked about national news, not even on the TV news channels. If it didn't happen in Texas it didn't happen. Willful ignorance of any viewpoint contrary to Texas Standard. In fact, a sixth grade education was considered "librul elite."

Down there, the annual Susan Komen Run For The Cure was sponsored by the American Tobacco Institute. Nobody I talked to -- nobody -- found that ironic.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

SCOTUS and the MEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCOTUS and the MEA   SCOTUS and the MEA EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:23 am

Cokie Roberts this morning said the Republican candidates are secretly thrilled that they don't have to campaign around the divisive issues of same-sex marriage or the Affordable Care Act.

This raises the question for me, is this conservative Supreme Court trying to influence the 2016 elections? Are they intentionally removing "wedge issues" from the national debate in order to grease the skids for a conservative Republican candidate to run with unified party support?
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

SCOTUS and the MEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCOTUS and the MEA   SCOTUS and the MEA EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:53 am

If they don't campaign around racism or screwing over poor people, what do they have left? Their economic policies have been disastrous, starting with Reagan and accelerating downhill ever since. Their war-mongering has been relatively successful, but I think a lot of people are seeing through the lies these days. What else have they got? All they talk about is having the freedom to discriminate against people and stop people voting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SCOTUS and the MEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCOTUS and the MEA   SCOTUS and the MEA Empty

Back to top Go down

SCOTUS and the MEA
Page 1 of 1