Must Love Dogs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Must Love Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Must Love Dogs   Must Love Dogs EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:13 am

Had the opportunity last weekend to spend some time with my cousin, who I've only seen on odd holidays most of our lives. Now that our families have shrunk we've reached out to try to keep closer contact.

Spent a couple hours walking the beach with her at her place on Hood Canal. Lovely spot.

At one point another owner and his dog were coming up the beach, and the dog ran to greet us. I got down on my knees and gave him a good head rub, but my cousin shied away. "I don't really like dogs," she confessed. I never knew this about her.

Mrs NoCo and I love dogs -- it was our love of dogs that brought us together. Introducing our dogs to each other, to see if they got along, became the turning point in our relationship. (They loved each other instantly.)

My sister is afraid of dogs, all dogs big or small, because 60 years ago she was chased by one (who probably only wanted to play). It's amusing watching a grown adult absolutely terrified of a clueless dog. She's never gotten over it, never even tried.

I think respect for other species is absolutely critical to a healthy relationship to the planet. I don't trust people who don't like pets. People who only want human company are too provincial, too cloistered, and can convince themselves that people are more important than they are. I have heard some Islamic societies forbid pets. That's horrible.

My dog and cat are a huge part of my life. I can't imagine living without a pet of some kind -- I've had one or the other or more often both all my life.

Not so fond of reptiles or birds. They don't seem very affectionate.

My other cousin is absolutely gaga over her horse. I respect that.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Must Love Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Love Dogs   Must Love Dogs EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 9:55 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
 I don't trust people who don't like pets.
OMG I was just saying this in another thread!
NoCoPilot wrote:
Not so fond of reptiles or birds.  They don't seem very affectionate.

My other cousin is absolutely gaga over her horse.  I respect that.
I don't think reptiles or birds are ever really domesticated, they don't chose us like dogs and cats do. Horses, I'm wary of. I think they ought to be wild and free and they don't look like they particularly enjoy human company. But you know, if your cousin takes good care of her horse, hey that's all you can ask for.

I don't think one has loved until they have loved an animal.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Must Love Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Love Dogs   Must Love Dogs EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 9:58 pm

PS
All dogs love Ben. It's hysterical to see them. It's like in that movie where kids know he's Santa so they whisper their Christmas requests to him. They just go straight to him whether we're in the line at Petsmart or if its a k-9. The cop was the best, he was all like "he's a working dog" and I'm looking at the dog done rolled over on his back for Ben to scratch his belly. Yeah, he's workin all right.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Must Love Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Love Dogs   Must Love Dogs EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 9:55 am

Dogs are better judges of character than we are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Must Love Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Love Dogs   Must Love Dogs Empty

Back to top Go down

Must Love Dogs
Page 1 of 1