Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Bat Shit!  Empty
PostSubject: Bat Shit!    Bat Shit!  EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 6:03 pm

If you remember last year's Mystery Bug Thread, I have discovered the source of the mystery.

Although, I don't know why the bugs (head and legs only) showed up only on the weekends for a while, I have found the reason for their being there.

The bug parts always showed up in one corner of the deck. Well, Sunday night, I found that there was a bat hanging out under the deck above the spot where the bug parts were found. He apparently brings the bugs back there for dining and drops the less-tasty parts onto the lower deck.

It has made a real mess of the place. I thought I had been sweeping off mouse turds, but it turns out it was bat shit. Unfortunately, bat shit often contains a fungus that can cause histoplasmosis, a potentially deadly fungal disease. Whoopee!

Anyway, to conclude this terribly unimportant thread... The End.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Bat Shit!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bat Shit!    Bat Shit!  EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 7:37 am

Bats are mammals, right?  That means they have testicles?

You still haven't explained why your BugParts(TM) appear only on weekends -- are your bats gainfully employed?

Totally unrelated -- which is why it fits perfectly -- this morning I created a Robin Williams channel on Pandora and listened to the dead crazyman all the way into work.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Bat Shit!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bat Shit!    Bat Shit!  EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Too bad we don't have a way to monetize this, as Andkon would say. We gardeners often pay quite a bit for bat shit.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Bat Shit!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bat Shit!    Bat Shit!  EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 12:51 pm

Those who use bat shit for fertilizer have a very good chance of contracting histoplasmosis. Like some other fungal infections, many people who contract it don't even know it. But if it becomes disseminated, it is often fatal.

Mayo Clinic wrote:
In the United States, histoplasmosis most commonly occurs in the Mississippi and Ohio river valleys.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Bat Shit!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bat Shit!    Bat Shit!  EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Mayo Clinic wrote:
Several types of histoplasmosis exist. The mildest form produces no signs or symptoms, but severe infections can be life-threatening. When signs and symptoms do occur, they usually appear three to 17 days after exposure and may include:

•Fever
•Chills
•Headache
•Muscle aches
•Dry cough
•Chest discomfort
In some people, histoplasmosis can also produce joint pain and a rash. People who have an underlying lung disease, such as emphysema, may develop a chronic form of histoplasmosis that can additionally feature weight loss and a cough that brings up blood. Symptoms of chronic histoplasmosis sometimes can mimic those of tuberculosis.

Severe histoplasmosis
The most severe variety of histoplasmosis occurs primarily in infants and in people with compromised immune systems. Called disseminated histoplasmosis, this variety can affect nearly any part of your body, including your eyes, liver, central nervous system, skin and adrenal glands. If untreated, disseminated histoplasmosis is usually fatal.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Bat Shit!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bat Shit!    Bat Shit!  EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 1:02 pm

Ok, now you two are just fucking with me cuz you know I'm so OCD.  tongue 
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Bat Shit!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bat Shit!    Bat Shit!  EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 1:09 pm

Fungal diseases are nothing to take lightly. I was on medication for a year for a fungal disease I contracted just by going outside and breathing. Someone had disturbed the dirt somewhere upwind and I paid for it. Still have a slight pain and a large lump in my right lung from that crap.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Bat Shit!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bat Shit!    Bat Shit!  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 12:18 pm

_Howard wrote:
Fungal diseases are nothing to take lightly. I was on medication for a year for a fungal disease I contracted just by going outside and breathing. Someone had disturbed the  dirt somewhere upwind and I paid for it. Still have a slight pain and a large lump in my right lung from that crap.
Ew. Yeah, I've heard that's how people still occasionally get plague or hanta.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Bat Shit!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bat Shit!    Bat Shit!  EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 pm

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bat Shit!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bat Shit!    Bat Shit!  Empty