HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie: Lies and Alibis

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Lies and Alibis Empty
PostSubject: Movie: Lies and Alibis   Movie: Lies and Alibis EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:08 pm

Bought this DVD because the writer is Noah Hawley, who did the "Fargo" TV series. It has more than a whiff of "Fargo" in it -- crossed with "Deathtrap" and "Sleuth" -- a twisty mystery plot that keeps reversing itself, and characters who keep showing up in odd & unexpected relationships. I'm going to have to watch it a couple more times to follow the plot completely.

Rebecca Romijn is stunningly good-looking although her part is pretty much a walk-on/walk-off. Steve Coogan stars but he's wrestling above his weight in this one. Sam Elliott steals the show as a Mormon hitman. Lots of great secondary characters (a cast of two dozen).

I had to turn on subtitles halfway through because of mumbling, foreign accents and location sound recording. Either I'm losing my hearing or the film is pretty hard to decipher.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Lies and Alibis   Movie: Lies and Alibis EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:51 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
I had to turn on subtitles halfway through because of mumbling, foreign accents and location sound recording.  Either I'm losing my hearing or the film is pretty hard to decipher.
I find myself doing that with a lot of the new movies - but never with an old one.
My wife was taking to an old fart who, it turned out, was a retired movie sound engineer. He said that they don't seem to know anything about sound in Hollywood anymore, that all they seem to care about is the ambiance and fuck the dialog.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Lies and Alibis   Movie: Lies and Alibis EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 3:37 pm

Good.

It's not just me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Lies and Alibis   Movie: Lies and Alibis Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie: Lies and Alibis
Page 1 of 1