HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So Like What Is THAT Like About?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

So Like What Is THAT Like About? Empty
PostSubject: So Like What Is THAT Like About?   So Like What Is THAT Like About? EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 10:21 am

So like I sat behind a like young woman, like, on the bus like yesterday and she like used the word like over and over again, like in her speech and stuff. Like how does that, like, even get like started? It like makes no like sense.

I wonder if other languages have the same kind of tic in their young speakers?
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: So Like What Is THAT Like About?   So Like What Is THAT Like About? EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 4:04 pm

It's like likely.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: So Like What Is THAT Like About?   So Like What Is THAT Like About? EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 4:07 pm

It's a meme that has become almost ubiquitous, and I can remember people doing it when I was young.  Very long-lasting urban word-virus.
Quote :
Just for the record, Valley Girl Speak inherited 'like' from the previous generation: it was already, like, the conventional marker for hip/beat dialogue in the early 60s. Like look up Bob Denver's character Maynard G. Krebs in The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis. I have no idea how much farther back it goes. – StoneyB Aug 7 '12 at 13:45
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Like What Is THAT Like About?   So Like What Is THAT Like About? Empty

Back to top Go down

So Like What Is THAT Like About?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Topics :: Just For Fun-
Jump to: