• Fawlty Towers
  • Jam & Jerusalem (aka Clatterford)
  • Family Tree
  • Good Neighbors
  • To The Manor Born
  • Doctor In The House
  • The Young Ones
  • Hundersby

i find stuff like Black Adder and Mr Bean and Are You Being Served and Curb Your Enthusiasm too broad for my tastes. I enjoyed The Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin but wasn't in love with it. That led me to Rising Damp but I must say it's not in the same league.

Last edited by NoCoPilot on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

British Comedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: British Comedies   British Comedies EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 4:54 pm

The only two of those I'm familiar with are Whose Line is it Anyway which I didn't care for, and Fawlty Towers, which I love.

I think that I just miss too many jokes that are based on cultural references which I don't get. For instance, I really like  Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, but was unable to watch the UK version of "The Office." Humor isn't humorous if you don't understand it.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

British Comedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: British Comedies   British Comedies EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 5:04 pm

The UK Office was infinitely superior to the US Office. Difference between clever banter and fart jokes.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

British Comedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: British Comedies   British Comedies EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 5:06 pm

The US version of Whose Line was pretty good, not as good as the original but still better than most everything else on the US airwaves.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

British Comedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: British Comedies   British Comedies EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 5:11 pm

Incidentally (not British) I am enjoying the piss out of Fargo, the series loosely based on the movie of the same name and produced by the Coen brothers.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

British Comedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: British Comedies   British Comedies EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 5:14 pm

I've only watched the first episode, but have recorded the rest and am looking forward to having the opportunity to watch them. Looks like it will be great (as was the movie).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

British Comedies Empty
PostSubject: Re: British Comedies   British Comedies Empty

Back to top Go down

British Comedies
Page 1 of 1