_Howard
Jenni
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Greeting Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 10:57 am

Umm, NoCoPilot i just a *teensy-weensy* bit miffed at all the cute rodents stealing his thunder.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:04 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
Umm, NoCoPilot i just a *teensy-weensy* bit miffed at all the cute rodents stealing his thunder.
Awww, sweetie you know we love you. That's why it's your rodent that graces the favicon.

Also if you will all take a look, the ads should be gone from up top. They will still show for guests who are not registered (and presumably logged in) but for the members they should be gone. One of my tax clients paid me so I got the water bill that was about to kick my ass done and I put a few dollars in here to get the ads off.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:17 am

I thought there were not supposed to be any ads for the first month.
With AdBlock in my browser, I never saw them anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:21 am

_Howard wrote:
I thought there were not supposed to be any ads for the first month.
With AdBlock in my browser, I never saw them anyway.
No, the first month free is over at the Yuku board. To me their system is complicated and relies on views and counts of certain views but not others. Like WW has a paid account over there so her views don't count towards the cost. But, what she pays for just her account, never mind the rest of the board, is more than what I will pay all year to keep us ad free, so I think this place is cheaper in the long run. I found trying to understand Yuku's cost structure headache inducing. Here 6.50 and boom, done for a number of months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:12 pm

I just walked in from the ER.
Wait. That's a lie. I didn't walk in.
That's a clue.
What happened to me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:15 pm

Quote :
I put a few dollars in here to get the ads off.

How much would you like from me?
Don't hold back.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Lisa wrote:
I just walked in from the ER.
Wait. That's a lie. I didn't walk in.
That's a clue.
What happened to me?
Oh shit.
What did happen?
No wait lemme guess. Broken ankle?
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:20 pm

Lisa wrote:
Quote :
I put a few dollars in here to get the ads off.

How much would you like from me?
Don't hold back.
I only paid 6.50. And you gave us a huge Christmas, the only thing I want from you is love and friendship and well, maybe another one of those canoes. Speaking of Christmas, did they let you have any of the chocolate or did they just pretend they never got it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Oooo.... close.

So I'll tell you...

I was making a kind of ramp/ slide on the stairs, for Pika. (Our rattie girl.)
It was really awesome, and I was almost finished (ha ha), when, BECAUSE MY HUSBAND NEVER FINISHED MAKING THE BOTTOM STEP, SO IT'S ONE THIRD OF THE REGULAR SIZE, some of the blankets I was using covered up this PARTIAL STEP, so instead of walking on what I'd thought to be the floor, I stepped on THE EDGE OF THE UNDERSIZED STAIR, and slid off... twisting and tearing tendons. 2nd degree sprain. Air splint. Crutches.
Didn't know they came in degrees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Jenni wrote:
did they let you have any of the chocolate

It was actually a key component in the ramp/ slide fiasco.

It was to be 'lure'

I'm going to post a picture of the whole set up.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:47 pm

Oh dog!
No That's no good at all.
Did they give you some decent pain meds I hope?

Husbands. I swear. (every damn day and it does no good) Ben has yet to put the railing back up on ours. One of these days I'm going to slide right off that last one because between no railing and my mom's ever-present powder.......I'm a triage waiting to happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:56 pm

Damn. I can picture that.

Edit... and no pain meds to speak of. Ibuprophen 600mgs. Not even a fucking narcotic.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Well, Lisa how's the ankle?

My tooth is better. The antibiotics took the swelling down enough that the pain is gone, but I have to go back this weekend to get the rest of it dug out.
Now, I have an arm injury that is putting my training back. I had to lay off though, I needed help brushing my hair the other night.

Also I have to say that Tea Tree Oil is the shit. Tastes nasty as can be but oh boy is it effective!

I'm trying to get Ben on here. He is opposite us on some things so maybe we could actually have some debates if I could get him in here. He's pro gun, for one.

Oh and how is your dad NoCo? Still improving I hope.

Also I have been thinking about our FB page. Does anyone object to me reposting and linking photos and things to it? Like the pics in the animal thread? If anyone does I can totally respect that and I won't do it, but if not I think it would be nice.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. We did squat. Well, I did get groceries but other than that I did squat.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 1:05 pm

Jenni wrote:
Oh and how is your dad NoCo? Still improving I hope.
Talked to him Saturday, he said he's about 90% recovered -- everything takes longer when you're 90. He sounded fine, and said he's been chopping wood & cleaning the gutters & stuff so I guess he's pretty much back to normal.

Of course "normal" includes a good bit of repeating stories and complaining about kids and their music, and he still resists using the iPad we bought him. He said the Lantronix print server interface I sent him works fine -- goes between his printer & his wi-fi, so he can wirelessly print from the iPad -- but he's still more comfortable on the phone than with e-mail.

Too bad I'm just the opposite.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:44 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
You kids and your damned electronical toys!
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:11 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
Me too. I much prefer email to a phone. I'm glad to hear he continues to do well.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:15 pm

_Howard wrote:
He actually says that -- as he stares at his TV with the volume way up because he refuses to wear his ears.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:18 pm

Jenni wrote:
Me too. I much prefer email to a phone.
Phones are an 'interruption technology.' If I'm already doing something I'll let it go to VM.

EM I can read & write on *MY* time.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:38 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
Jenni wrote:
Me too. I much prefer email to a phone.
Phones are an 'interruption technology.' If I'm already doing something I'll let it go to VM.

EM I can read & write on *MY* time.
That's my thought too. The phone is like a toddler demanding that you stop what you are doing and tend to it right now. Whereas if I email you, I know that you can respond in your own time and I don't feel quite so needy for having bothered you. Even worse though are the people who increase the amount of interruption they cause by leaving a message that basically only says "call me." Well, duh. You didn't even have to speak to get that, I can see your number on the caller ID. Why not actually give me a clue as to what it's in reference to so that I don't put you off if it's an emergency. To me that is almost passive- aggressive.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:55 pm

Phone calls in the middle of the night are never good news.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:02 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
Phone calls in the middle of the night are never good news.
Well, my mom's a night owl, so a 2 am phone call about a missing pot holder isn't all that unusual. I just wish she'd confine them to weekends. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:31 pm

I'd turn off my ringer.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:40 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
_Howard wrote:
He actually says that -- as he stares at his TV with the volume way up because he refuses to wear his ears.
My ears are attached to my head. I wear them all the time.
And I keep the tv volume low. Unless it's a Die Hard movie, then I crank up the volume and bump the sub woofer.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 6:04 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
I'd turn off my ringer.
She'll just come and scream up the stairs.

I just keep reminding myself that if we hang in there we will move to Colorado soon and she can't scream at me in Colorado. Well, she can, but I can turn the ringer off there!

Uncle Howard I had a Die Hard weekend here not too long ago and watched all of them in order with no commercials, it was the best! But you know, I think they messed up after the first two. There was something different. The first two he was like an underdog, a regular guy. But by the last ones he was almost Jason Bourne or Bond like. I don't know, it was subtle but they went down hill after the second one, imho.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:06 am

Jenni wrote:
I don't know, it was subtle but they went down hill after the second one, imho.
Subtle as a brick through a window. The original character wasn't suitable for a sequel, never mind a "franchise".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Greeting Thread
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next