HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Timothy Geithner on The Daily Show

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Timothy Geithner on The Daily Show Empty
PostSubject: Timothy Geithner on The Daily Show   Timothy Geithner on The Daily Show EmptyThu May 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Last night Jon Stewart's guest was former Treasury Secretary Geithner. On-air the interview lasted about 8 minutes and they agreed to disagree. However it was apparent much more interview had been filmed and edited out for time.

Online the interview runs over a half hour I think, and Stewart and Geithner get into it at a very deep level. Stewart SCHOOLS Geithner on the idea of saving the banks to "save the economy" while doing nothing for the homeowners who are being foreclosed upon. He absolutely destroys Geithner's Wall Street-centric view of the crisis.

It's fascinating TV. Some of the best analysis I've ever seen. Stewart is spot on in his understanding of the TBTF banks gaming the system and Geithner, as a Wall Street insider, buying their BS hook line and sinker.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Geithner on The Daily Show   Timothy Geithner on The Daily Show EmptyFri May 23, 2014 1:50 pm

That was the first time I went online to see one of Stewart's interviews in its entirety.
Geithner came across as the weasel that he is, and Stewart wasn't going for it.
I think John Stewart may be the toughest political interviewer on the tube.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Geithner on The Daily Show   Timothy Geithner on The Daily Show EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 2:16 pm

Stewart continues to prove himself the smartest interviewer on TV since Dick Cavett retired.
https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/jon-stewart-daily-show-apple-ai-lina-khan-rcna146096
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Geithner on The Daily Show   Timothy Geithner on The Daily Show Empty

Back to top Go down

Timothy Geithner on The Daily Show
Page 1 of 1