HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie: Lars and the Real Girl

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Lars and the Real Girl Empty
PostSubject: Movie: Lars and the Real Girl   Movie: Lars and the Real Girl EmptySun May 04, 2014 7:02 am

Watched the above movie on PPV last night, been meaning to see it since it came out (2007). I figured it must have some angle, some clever plot element beyond the obvious gimmick of a lonely guy talking to his sex doll. I knew that much from previews.

Nope.

That's all it is.

Long awkward moments, unbelievable scenes of the family and townspeople going along with it for Lars' sake, scene after scene of the doll dressed up and posed in company without ever showing how it got there.

Worst. Movie. Ever.

How this piece of shit ever got made is a mystery.

Many similarities to "Her" but without the humor, irony, clever dialog and poignant scenes. How the F*** does it rate 81% at Rotten Tomatoes?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Lars and the Real Girl   Movie: Lars and the Real Girl EmptySun May 04, 2014 8:11 am

Incidentally... poking around on the RealDoll.com website (just to, um, refresh my memory) and then linking around to related websites (research!) I ran across some images of another doll a different company puts out. Similar to a RealDoll but about 2/3 the size. Still proportioned like an adult, but the size of a child. Very, VERY disturbing images. If you thought the fullsize doll was creepy (reading the testimonials will give you shivers) the child-size doll is the stuff of nightmares.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Lars and the Real Girl   Movie: Lars and the Real Girl EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:44 pm

"poking around"? Uh huh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Lars and the Real Girl   Movie: Lars and the Real Girl Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie: Lars and the Real Girl
Page 1 of 1