8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:47 am

I always wanted a greeting thread, so I'm going to try it. This is just a palace to say hi, greet your friends, say Happy Birthday or just bitch about the weather in your area, or any other myriad things that really have no category and only passing comments.
(If you all don't like it it can always come down.)
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:48 am

We got snow last night. It was surreal.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:55 am

Is snow unusual there? I thought you guys normally got pretty cold winters.

It snowed here last Friday afternoon for about three minutes. My house is at 1,500 feet and we get snow once or twice nearly every year. Sometimes even get snowed in. It hasn't snowed in town (two miles away and 1,200 feet lower) in at least twenty-five years.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:59 am

I like the greeting thread idea.

Below freezing in Seattle for the past week but no precip -- startling blue skies and the mountains on the horizon look close enough to eat.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:04 pm

No precipitation in Seattle? You've got to be kidding.

I've never been in Seattle, but lived for a few months in Yakima in 1956. We drove up on Mt. Rainier and the snow was piled about twenty feet deep beside the road. Did I mention that I really hate snow?

It's supposed to be sunny and about 70 degrees here for the next week. Eat your hearts out, snowbirds.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:10 pm

"Housekeeping" might have to be renamed "Mousekeeping" if this keeps up.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:18 pm

_Howard wrote:
Is snow unusual there? I thought you guys normally got pretty cold winters.
Not really. We have actually had more snow in the last couple years with it happening twice last year than we have in all my life. It's weird. But no, it's not unusual to still have 70 degree days in December here. What winter we get will be in mainly January and February and when it ices up everyone freaks because we never get it here. In fact, today was declared a snow day and people were out of work and school even though most of it had melted by noon.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:19 pm

_Howard wrote:
No precipitation in Seattle? You've got to be kidding.
Yeah, that's hard to believe!
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Jenni wrote:
In fact, today was declared a snow day and people were out of work and school even though most of it had melted by noon.
Oh, the horror. To show my support for you and your family in what must have been a terrifying experience, I am now drinking a bottle of Snow Day Winter Ale.
Greeting Thread Looking"Here's looking at you, Kid."

Last edited by _Howard on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed the quote)
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:52 pm

The scariest part is people can't drive in this crap, all of a sudden they turn into total spazes.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:06 pm

I know exactly what you mean. It's like some important lobe of their brains just shut down until the sun comes back up.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 3:08 pm

And of course after yesterday's snow it's now almost 60 degrees and I just had to turn a fan on. Rolling Eyes
I swear it's like mother nature is out to get my sinuses.

Back to top Go down
Todd

Todd

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:22 pm

Winter has been bizarre in Tennessee this season. It will be near freezing one day, with cold-ass rain, and then two days later it will be in the high fifties and sunny. That cycle has lasted pretty much the entire winter so far: up and down, up and down, up and down. Global weirding for sure.
Back to top Go down
https://indigoxix.wordpress.com/
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:38 pm

Good to see you here, Markaba.

I spent about a year in Tennessee. Weather is certainly not the only weird thing there.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:47 pm

Yaayy! You made it!
Yes, that's how it has been here. Weird. It's usually how it is in Fall or Spring, it's like we have no actual winter.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:24 pm

Well, it is again a weird 74 degrees here.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.
I'm doing the gym and some errands, nothing spectacular. Just stuff I wanted to get done while it was warm. Maybe go swimming too.
Back to top Go down

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:52 pm

You suck.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Overcast and 60 degrees here. Not too bad for January, I guess, but it's been better.

My daughter hates cold weather, but she lives in New York. I often tease her about the sucky weather when she calls. Yesterday, it was 17 degrees there, with the wind chill bringing it down to 5. She called me yesterday afternoon, but before I could rag on her about the weather, she told me she was at the airport, waiting for her flight to Cannes, France, where she will spend a week on business. Lucky kid.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:18 pm

So just to rub it in (see previous post), my daughter sent me this pic today. Rotten kid.

Greeting Thread Cannes-1
Back to top Go down

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:24 pm

My dad always called me a rotten kid.

Is this strictly a fun trip for her?
Oopsy... you said it was business...

Can you say what it is?
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:39 pm

Lisa wrote:
My dad always called me a rotten kid.
And I'll bet he meant it in the same loving manner I do.

She is in the music business. I'm not sure what is going on in Cannes, some kind of conference of big shots, I assume.

In her previous job in the industry, she dealt more with artists than with labels, and we would occasionally have some small band show up at our door to spend the night on their way from northern to southern California, or vice versa. That was always great fun.
Back to top Go down

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:07 pm

Damn.
What a blast.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:59 am

_Howard wrote:
my daughter sent me this pic today. Rotten kid.
Is she always tilted to the left?
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 10:17 am

Always.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 10:49 am

Awww, the new avi is so cute Lisa!
I liked the other one one too but was afraid to ask whose eye it was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greeting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greeting Thread   Greeting Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Greeting Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next