HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Obama's Gun Control Legislation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Obama's Gun Control Legislation Empty
PostSubject: Obama's Gun Control Legislation   Obama's Gun Control Legislation EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:48 am

Guy I work with was going to try to buy an assault rifle this week. Figured it would be his last chance.

I asked him why he needs it.

He said, "Because I can." But everywhere he looked was sold out. The ones for sale from private parties are double their market value.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Gun Control Legislation   Obama's Gun Control Legislation EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:19 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
The ones for sale from private parties are double their market value.

Bullets are more than triple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Gun Control Legislation   Obama's Gun Control Legislation EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:20 am

How come the newest post is at the top?
Totally fucks me up.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Gun Control Legislation   Obama's Gun Control Legislation EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:07 am

Lisa wrote:
Totally fucks me up.
Only does that on my iPhone. Mobile skin is pretty cool actually -- but it's read-only Sad
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Gun Control Legislation   Obama's Gun Control Legislation EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:09 am

Lisa wrote:
Totally fucks me up.
That's odd, it's not for me.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Gun Control Legislation   Obama's Gun Control Legislation EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:11 am

Either Lisa has her monitor upside down again or someone fixed it.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Gun Control Legislation   Obama's Gun Control Legislation EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:40 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
Guy I work with was going to try to buy an assault rifle this week. Figured it would be his last chance.

I asked him why he needs it.

He said, "Because I can." But everywhere he looked was sold out. The ones for sale from private parties are double their market value.
That makes no sense to me whatsoever. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should and why do it at the height of its cost?
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Gun Control Legislation   Obama's Gun Control Legislation EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:11 pm

I have never been able to come up with a rational reason for people owning common guns which they don't need - or even feel they have a need for.

I had a cousin who collected guns for many years. But he bought old guns; guns with historical value. He loved making a trade and getting the best end of the deal. He would come home grinning and giggling like a little girl (and this was a guy whose very presence scared the hell out of the men who worked for him. He was a Navy lifer and the Gun Boss on a heavy cruiser firing 10-inch guns). He had a Federal Firearms License and would only sell to others who had a license. Some of the guns he had were really beautiful with gold plate, engraving, etc., and others were very strange. By the time he died, I imagine his collection was worth many hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Now, that kind of gun collector I can understand. What I don't get is the clown that buys a closetful of cheap-ass or common pistols and rifles that have no value whatsoever, except what he can sell them for to another clown, and he calls himself a collecter. There's a difference betwen a collection and a cache.

And, yes, I understand that there may be times when a person feels a need to carry a gun. I'm not talking about the second-amendment argument. I'm not talking about whether or not you feel you have a right to carry a gun. I mean an immediate and specific reason. That can even happen to someone who favors strict gun control. In the very early seventies, I found myself caught in the middle of a very nasty situation (not of my making - it was like a bad cop show on TV) and I carried a concealed revolver (a Smith and Wesson .38 special) for a couple of years. And it was carried illegally; no license. When I no longer felt a need for it, I sold it.

But to just go out and buy a damned assault rifle, just because the other big boys have one - is childish. If these macho men really want to play soldier, then they should join the military. If they want to play cops and robbers, then they should join the police force, or take up a life of crime. But they should knock of the insipid "Protecting my freedom" bullshit. It's nonsense.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Gun Control Legislation   Obama's Gun Control Legislation EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Why couldn't he have come home giggling like a little boy?
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Gun Control Legislation   Obama's Gun Control Legislation EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:38 pm

I often wondered that myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama's Gun Control Legislation   Obama's Gun Control Legislation Empty

Back to top Go down

Obama's Gun Control Legislation
Page 1 of 1