TV: The Prisoner

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

TV: The Prisoner Empty
PostSubject: TV: The Prisoner   TV: The Prisoner EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 6:03 pm

I went browsing through what was available on Amazon Prime, and came across the old TV show, The Prisoner. Created by and starring Patrick McGoohan, this odd series was quite popular in Britain at the time (1967-68), but I don't know how successful it was over here.

I watched it, and somewhat enjoyed it, but it didn't really resonate with my 13/14 year old self. Rewatching it now, it seems much better. I look forward to the rest of the series.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: TV: The Prisoner   TV: The Prisoner EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 7:22 pm

It was a classic, if I'm remembering right. Is that the one where the guy was falsely accused (of killing his wife?) and went around the country, one step ahead of the cops, trying to clear his name?

Had a cool theme song IIRC.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: TV: The Prisoner   TV: The Prisoner EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 6:30 am

No. He was some sort of intelligence agent who resigned, and was immediately rendered unconscious, waking up in a strange village. The village looks like some sort of holiday camp, but is actually a bizarre prison. He refuses to tell them anything, and repeatedly tries to escape, to no avail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygLg-7G0Xp0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV: The Prisoner   TV: The Prisoner Empty

Back to top Go down

TV: The Prisoner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Topics :: Arts & Entertainment-
Jump to: