HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Book: The Expanding Earth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Book: The Expanding Earth Empty
PostSubject: Book: The Expanding Earth   Book: The Expanding Earth EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 11:23 am

There used to be a bookstore by the ferry dock on San Juan Island, and when my parents were alive I would visit it while waiting for the ferry home.  The proprietor, a woolly bear of a man named Keith, always remembered me and entered into a discussion every time I came in.

One time he brought me a book, hidden away in the corner of his Science section, called "The Expanding Earth." The author postulated that the Earth was much smaller in dinosaur days, with appropriately lighter gravity allowing their huge bulk. The continents fit together not due to plate tectonics, but because the continents rode on the surface of an inflating balloon and broke apart as the Earth expanded.

Keith and I agreed the theory was nuts, but it made for interesting discussion.  I would have bought the book, but it went for something like $70.

This morning for some reason I thought of that book again, and idly wondered if it was still available.

It is.

Still $70.  Still nuts.  Even the Kindle is $70!
Back to top Go down

Book: The Expanding Earth
Page 1 of 1