HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fox Could Lose Its Broadcast License

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Fox Could Lose Its Broadcast License Empty
PostSubject: Fox Could Lose Its Broadcast License   Fox Could Lose Its Broadcast License EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 7:03 am

Quote :
In addition to these levied and looming financial losses, Fox News’ promotion of Trump’s lies could also cost the Murdochs the broadcasting licenses issued by the Federal Communication Commission for its local broadcast network affiliates.

Haven't I been clamoring for that for years?  

The airwaves are considered a public resource, there are limited slots available and they're auctioned off to broadcasters with some caveats about what they can broadcast.  One such caveat is truthfulness.

I frankly don't understand why Fox was allowed to exist since 2017 when they crossed the line from conservative opinion to conspiracy theories and open promotion of one candidate (without running foul of the FEC, for some unknown reason).

Now, the internet is not a limited resource, and any nutjob can post any nutjob views they want.  That is where Faux News belongs.

Quote :
While the FCC routinely stays out of policing questions of bias in media due to First Amendment considerations, it does state that “broadcast licensees may not intentionally distort the news.”

Hello??? Open and shut case.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Fox Could Lose Its Broadcast License Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Could Lose Its Broadcast License   Fox Could Lose Its Broadcast License EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 6:56 am

Last night I got kinda tired of MSNBC's constant harping on Trump's upcoming trials and the Supreme Court's corruption and the really stupid things Republicans were saying and doing.

I decided to pop over to Fox to see how they were covering the trials.

They weren't.

They were having a serious discussion—and I'm not making this up—about whether Trump's proposed nuclear missile shield would protect us from the alien invasion.

Not immigrants.  Aliens.  As in little green terrorists from another galaxy. Not "AN" invasion, as if it were theoretical. No, "THE" invasion as if it's inevitable... and the only thing protecting us is Saviour Trump.

I just shook my head and turned back to the real world.
Back to top Go down

Fox Could Lose Its Broadcast License
Page 1 of 1