HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Post Your Dreams Here

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:32 am

I have certain themes that often recur in my dreams, including working on a house I have built myself, and swimming in the ocean. Last night I took a break from the house and went for a dip, where an orca (killer whale) came swimming up to me and wanted to be scratched like a puppy dog. We cavorted around in the water, his big eye watching me and never missing an opportunity for a forehead rub when he could get it. It was like "swimming with the dolphins" except he was the size of a Prius.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:47 am

My ex-father-in-law (with my first wife) was the gentlest, kindest, most giving man I'd ever met. I loved him almost more than his daughter.

So it was a dream that woke me up last night when he turned on me, banned me from his home, and said nasty things about me. I can't remember much of the context of this dream anymore, but that one aspect -- so out-of-character for him -- remains to haunt me. No idea what triggered this, nor what it means. I haven't done anything duplicitous recently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:59 am

It was the last day of the school year, and a huge storm was coming in. The students were anxious to get going, so we let them out halfway through the day.

A bunch of us teachers started packing up when a janitor popped in the door and reminded us, nothing should be left on the floor or the rats would get into it over the summer. So we started piling everything up high -- books, papers, electronics -- all while acutely aware that a storm was approaching and we needed to hit the road ourselves.

I finished as fast as I could and started packing up to leave. I had two dozen books to carry, and a sheaf of papers, and a winter coat. I needed to set this stuff down to lock the door as I left, but the hallway was already a foot deep in water. There was no place dry to set anything -- so I left without closing the door. I struggled down the hallway which was full of debris -- cabinets, desks, chairs -- and made it to the stairway. I needed to climb two floors of stairs to get up to ground level, to the parking lot, but the stairs were impassable. I had to climb up the railings in the interior of the stairs, while holding my 24 books and rolled up charts and coat. As I climbed the wooden railing, balancing everything I was carrying, the railings got narrower and narrower. I wasn't sure i would fit, and all the stuff I was carrying would fit, in my climb all the way to the first floor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:48 am

I’m so glad I’m retired. I dreamed this morning I was working on the loading dock at the hospital, and Jeff (a guy who used to give me some trouble) asked me about a shipment of his from November which he believed was incomplete. I said “November, are you kidding, it’s April! That was six months ago.”

“Besides I was only hired today, and my job is to replace broken windows on the loading dock. I don’t have anything to do with receiving.”

So he pulled a gun on me. I kicked him in the groin, slapped away his gun and pushed him into the dumpster. “Thank god I’m retired,” I said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:43 am

Instead of playing NPR to bring me awake in the mornings, I dreamed my alarm clock delivered pancakes. I would let it pump out pancakes in the morning until everybody was full, then turn it off. I could adjust the size of the pancakes so they could be arranged to make a blanket to keep me warm until I got out of bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:20 am

I often dream of the house I grew up in — I think that’s pretty normal — but this morning I dreamed about the neighbor’s house next door. I’d only been in it a few times as a kid, but I know the layout of it and this was definitely it.

I was standing in the doorway, watching a big puddle (small lake) in the vacant lot next door. My dog was swimming underwater in it, with a duck. I told my neighbor that the duck and the dog had become best friends.

Beyond the lake was a hallway, and I could see the conference room at the end of the hallway because the lights were on and people were in there. I wondered if I was expected to attend that meeting, and if so how I would get there without getting all wet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:14 am

I just dreamed about a lunar sundial.  Not a sundial that operates from moonlight — they have those — my dream was about a sundial on the moon. To tell time. On the moon.

Which, um, wouldn’t work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:04 am

I often dream about things I am doing.  For instance, yesterday I bought a boxed set of seven albums on 4 CDs by Kai Winding (for $6.99!) who was this jazz trombonist (tromboner?)  I was hoping it would have some good solo jazz trombone on it, because I do loves me good jazz trombone (Bobby Brookmeyer, Wayne Henderson, et al.)  But Winding (who was Dutch) most often played with other trombonists; he did a famous series of duet albums with J.J. Johnson.  Come to find out this collection has three albums with JJ ("K + JJ" plus two more) and then four more he did with a whole CHORUS of trombones: three on two, four on another, and eight on one!  The 'bone is a mellow-sounding horn, not as biting as a reed instrument (sax) or double reed instrument (oboe, bassoon).  Therefore when you get a whole bunch of them together they blend into almost an organ-like sound.  Big band arrangers used to like to have a row of trombones up front for playing the smooth main melody lines, through which soloists could occasionally cut.  Real "velvet fog" stuff.

Coincidentally, yesterday I happened to play my Gilbert Artman CDR.  He had a band called "Urban Sax" where he took 30 or 40 saxophonists and did long droning pieces which sounded like they were played on a synthesizer.  Very otherworldly sound.

So last night I dreamed I downloaded a bunch of music files -- been doing a lot of downloading too -- and then had to identify the files.  The descriptions were things like "trombone trombone trombone euphonium mellophone tuba" and "trombone trombone trombone hurdy gurdy zither bass clarinet."  I was cutting the files into songs and using Shazam to identify them.  They were coming up as bands I'd never heard of, like "Eubie Fairbanks and His Twelve Horns" and "Anthony Darkins Big Band."  I was really enjoying hearing these really dense, really musically complex sounds coming out of my speakers.

Then I woke up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Dreams Here   

Back to top Go down

Post Your Dreams Here
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8