Tell Me the Story

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 2:08 pm

A few minutes ago, I received a text message that was intended for someone else.
This happens from time to time, but I found this message interesting.
Text Msg. wrote:
Aloha Marty. I'm not sure
when Patty is coming by.
If I'm not home we can
square up later...

just walk through the
carport turn right, walk a
few steps.

The key's in the conch
shell...

Tell me a story explaining who Marty and Patty are and who sent them this message? Is someone in big trouble here? What do they need to square up? Where is all this happening? "Aloha"? "conch shell"?
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 5:54 pm

Weed deal.
Patty's dropping it off at some point for Marty and the texter and if he's not made it in yet they can half it up and settle up later. But go on and get in there using the key in the shell that's likely some display piece with some potted plants at the edge of someone's garage.

Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 7:14 pm

I'm thinking the texter is Patti's pimp.

Kinda like, "Cathy's Clown".

But different.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 8:13 am

"They key is in the conch shell" is the clue here.  Obviously Marty doesn't need the key to get into the house -- "the carport is open" -- so what's it a key to?

It could be a car.  Marty and the note writer just imported a car from Hawaii, a rare restored Duesenberg, which they intend to present to Patty as a birthday gift.

Or it could be the key to a storage locker.  Patty just moved out of The Valley and Marty is being paid to load up her stuff and move it to her new apartment.

Or it's a key to Patty, who is not a person but a motorcycle.  Marty is borrowing the note writer's prize Harley for a run to Sturgis.  Unfortunately Patty is in town getting her spark plugs changed, which Marty agreed to pay for as part of the loan.
Back to top Go down

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 8:50 am

A carport is not a house. Of course he would still need a key.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:00 am

Quote :
If I'm not home ... just walk through the carport, turn right, walk a few steps.
Sure sounds like directions to get in the house to me. Why would you walk "through the carport" if not to get to the other side?

Wasn't grass measured in "keys"? Was that short for "kilo"? Too big to fit in a conch.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:10 am

Lisa wrote:
A carport is not a house.  Of course he would still need a key.
Exactly. You walk right into a carport and then you'd need a key to get in the house.

NoCo wrote:
Why would you walk "through the carport" if not to get to the other side?
A carport not a garage. The other side of the carport is probably the back or side yard where the shell is. My grandmother used to have a large conch as part of a garden display- they are popular.

And no, weed tends to go in grams because a kilo of weed is big. If the key fits in the conch it's not a kilo of weed.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:46 am

Lisa wrote:
A carport is not a house.  Of course he would still need a key.
No, because he says "If I'm not home we can square up later."

He is not inviting Marty into his home to wait for him.

The key is not to the house.
Back to top Go down

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 12:39 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:

The key is not to the house.

But that's where he'll want to be when Patti gets there.
Hence, the key to get in... the house and Patti.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 3:44 pm

I'm inclined to believe that Patty (short for Patrick or Padraig) is a member of the Hawaiian branch of the Irish Mafia.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:15 am

Maybe Patty is the owner of the home, the key really is a key to the house, and the letter-writer and Marty are breaking into it to rob her blind.
Back to top Go down

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 11:19 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
Maybe Patty is the owner of the home, the key really is a key to the house, and the letter-writer and Marty are breaking into it to rob her blind.

Like it.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:41 pm

A little info: the message was sent from here. The sender's name is Mike.

If nothing else, the location precludes a ride to Sturgis.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 6:46 pm

_Howard wrote:
If nothing else, the location precludes a ride to Sturgis.
Anne Sturgis?
Back to top Go down
SAI2

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 7:57 pm

_Howard wrote:
A few minutes ago, I received a text message that was intended for someone else.
This happens from time to time...

How on Earth does this happen? I've never had this happen to me and I'd shudder to think that one of my messages might end up with the wrong recipient. You must know which person sent the message, no? That person will be listed in your phone's directory, no? Please tell me you didn't receive this from anyone external to your address book on your phone.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 7:56 am

The sender of the message made an error when he entered the phone number. Simple as that. "Misdialing."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tell Me the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell Me the Story   Tell Me the Story Empty

Back to top Go down

Tell Me the Story
Page 1 of 1