HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Book: While Justice Sleeps

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Book: While Justice Sleeps Empty
PostSubject: Book: While Justice Sleeps   Book: While Justice Sleeps EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 6:17 pm

In 2021 Stacey Abrams, the 2018 Georgia governor candidate who almost unseated Brian Kemp, wrote a political thriller about a Supreme Court Justice who falls into a coma and tasks his chief law clerk with solving a far-reaching mystery.  So far, it's very engaging... although the law clerk is too superhumanly talented.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Book: While Justice Sleeps   Book: While Justice Sleeps EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 12:01 am

Just finished. The book was surprisingly good for an author who is known for her non-fiction not her fiction. One could quibble that some of the characters are superhuman, and some of the situations more than a little unlikely, but in my (limited) experience with thrillers, and especially legal thrillers, that's not Abrams' domain alone.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Book: While Justice Sleeps   Book: While Justice Sleeps EmptyTue May 23, 2023 7:16 pm

Abrams new legal thriller, Rogue Justice, was released and delivered today. Next up on the read list I think.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Book: While Justice Sleeps   Book: While Justice Sleeps EmptyWed May 24, 2023 3:24 pm

40 pages in, and already there's been two murders, a suicide, a congressional impeachment and a shadowy cabal behind everything. And a cast of dozens.

I remember "While Justice Sleeps" was similarly breathless and head-spinning. This novel starts out exactly where the last one ended.

Roller coaster time.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Book: While Justice Sleeps   Book: While Justice Sleeps EmptyWed May 24, 2023 7:59 pm

Compulsively readable, breezily written. 120 pages in before I knew it.

It took me three weeks to finish "Shape."
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Book: While Justice Sleeps   Book: While Justice Sleeps EmptyThu May 25, 2023 3:41 pm

The unpopular president is facing impeachment, but his right-wing cronies and the right wing media are declaring the accusations against him to be "fake news."

Stacey Abrams follows the news.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Book: While Justice Sleeps   Book: While Justice Sleeps EmptyThu May 25, 2023 9:00 pm

The bad guys are apparently working on an attack to bring down the country's power grid.

Learning more about the power grid -- all of it apparently factual and extensively researched -- than I would have guessed.

Abrams style of writing is similar to John Grisham -- fast paced and full of research.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Book: While Justice Sleeps   Book: While Justice Sleeps EmptySat May 27, 2023 9:56 am

Oops. Major (minor?) error in the narrative. The good guys have identified the bad guy, but she has erased all traces of herself from the internet.

So our hero decides to research her, and voila, finds a complete bio. Complete with her winning sports in college, and her service in the Navy, including commendations.

A. That kind of stuff doesn't disappear from the internet
B. If it was found, it wasn't "disappeared."
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Book: While Justice Sleeps   Book: While Justice Sleeps EmptySat May 27, 2023 3:28 pm

Done. It was an easy read, very engaging, and almost believable. The characters were all well-drawn, though, as in the first book, the protagonist Avery Keene is superhumanly talented.

I would read another book by Stacey Abrams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book: While Justice Sleeps   Book: While Justice Sleeps Empty

Back to top Go down

Book: While Justice Sleeps
Page 1 of 1