HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Todd

Todd

Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students Empty
PostSubject: Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students   Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 6:28 pm

Yeah, so the same douchebag who penned the 'don't say gay' bill in my state just expanded the bill to require teachers who suspect students of being gay to inform their parents of their gayness. Of course, the bill does not define what that means, so it is entirely up to teachers to decide what it means. And then, if they decide the kid is gay, they have to tell the kid's parents.

Hey, mom and dad, guess what? Your kid is (censored)!
Back to top Go down
https://indigoxix.wordpress.com/
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students   Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 6:42 pm

Have you ever considered leaving that place, Markaba. I know it's tough to think about leaving the place you've always considered home, but we're talking about Tenne-fucking-see, here. I spent nearly a year in Millington and Memphis back in the early sixties. They still had white-only businesses there. That state now seems to be one of the most regressive and repressive states in the union. Get out.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students   Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 7:36 pm

_Howard wrote:
Have you ever considered leaving that place, Markaba.
We're saving and making preparations to leave to Colorado where Kasira is. I may have to swing by and kidnap him as we pass through.

I think TN ans MS and LA frequently vie for who can do the stupidest shit.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students   Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:56 am

Jenni wrote:
Inbreeding.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students   Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 10:47 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
Jenni wrote:
Inbreeding.
I wish. That would be an easier problem to solve than the real one. Conservatives and corporations rule down here and the less money they put into education the more captive the workforce is. Hell they do it right and we go straight into jail from high school and they really don't have to pay us.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students   Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:00 pm

Also heard on the news that the single last abortion provider in MS and in SD are being forced out of business by targeted laws recently passed which require that all doctors in the clinic have admitting privileges at the nearest hospital. Apparently that's impossible (for reasons I don't understand), and the lawmakers knew this. The laws are intended to ban abortions without running afoul of the federal statutes which said it had to be legal and accessible.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students   Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:29 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
Also heard on the news that the single last abortion provider in MS and in SD are being forced out of business by targeted laws recently passed which require that all doctors in the clinic have admitting privileges at the nearest hospital. Apparently that's impossible (for reasons I don't understand), and the lawmakers knew this. The laws are intended to ban abortions without running afoul of the federal statutes which said it had to be legal and accessible.
You hear correctly. They put the Personhood amendment on the ballot and we came out in droves against it. My 82 year old lifelong Republican grandmother voted against it from her wheelchair.
So. Since they couldn't get it done that way they decided to do it this way.
It's bullshit. The clinic sits on a hill in the Fondren district, one neighborhood away from me. There are literally three ER's within spitting distance so the claim that the abortion doc needs privileges at one of these is stupid to begin with. But an abortion doc will never get privileges at two of them, St. Dominics is Catholic and the Baptist, is well, Baptist. It is hard for them to get privileges at UMC because UMC is a teaching hospital that wants you to be a resident. Our abortion doctor has to travel in because as you can imagine being an abortion doc in Mississippi is dangerous to one's health. They travel in one day a week that has to constantly change so the religious nut jobs the cops won't keep away from the clinic don't just go to a gun show and purchase a weapon with no paperwork and gun the fucker down like they did Tiller. Because that's their strategy at this point. They think they can shoot the docs who will do this stuff and eventually there will be no one to do it and so far they are right.
So yeah, they got us by the balls.
The entire system here supports them and persecutes us. And yes, they are about to close the only place this state has not only for abortions but for non-judgmental pregnancy crisis things like counseling, tests. Oh, and since I get my annuals there my doctors appointment cost will go from an affordable 25 or 75 dollars to at least 380. Not that I will be able to afford that so I will end up buying my birth control illegally online and have to hope they don't get to charge me with homicide like they tried with one woman up in Collins. Because there to they got us by the balls. It's illegal to do crap without a doc but they've made it where the docs don't want to write for it. In 36 years I have yet to have a pro-choice OB or pharmacist. If they aren't forced to allow us choice they won't.
They want us spitting out unaffordable kids that will end up in their prison to school system and be labor for their corporations.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students   Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:44 pm

You, uh, could move too ya know.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students   Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 2:45 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
You, uh, could move too ya know.
You say that like you know my financial situation.
No, I can't move right now. We do not make enough to have a cushion, in fact we are just at the federal poverty line and we have no real way of securing employment in Longmont or Portland- the two places we are seriously considering. When you live at the poverty line there isn't anything left over after expenses with which to move.

What we are doing is trying to manage our expenses in such a way that the little bit we get at tax time every year can be put back and maybe we can get out in a few years. We need a few thousand as cushion to move because it may take time to find a job and with two kids and three dogs we can't just camp at the state parks like some do.

That's how they trap people down here, you know. While the rest of you are like "why don't they just move" the reality is that salaries here are so low there is nothing to move with, especially to an area that is so much more affluent that your meager little check would barely pay rent in the new location.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students   Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students Empty

Back to top Go down

Tennessee state law would require teachers to out gay students
Page 1 of 1