HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Donald Rumsfeld just died

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Donald Rumsfeld just died Empty
PostSubject: Donald Rumsfeld just died   Donald Rumsfeld just died EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 12:44 pm

Another one escapes justice.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Donald Rumsfeld just died   Donald Rumsfeld just died EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 7:53 pm

Rachel just gave a devastating eulogy. Apparently Rumsfeld's "summer home" was a mansion known as Mount Misery, formerly owned by Edward Covey, a man known for torturing slaves back into submission including Frederick Douglass. Rummy had a long history of political dirty tricks and lies, and went to his grave unrepentant for the 800,000 lives lost in his two forever wars, Iraq and Afghanistan. Undertaken on known false pretenses, with no exit strategy. He will go down in history as a monster on the scale of Pol Pot, Robert Mugabe or Adolf Hitler.

Too bad he was never held accountable.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Donald Rumsfeld just died   Donald Rumsfeld just died EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 12:32 pm

Andrew Bacevich wrote:
Well, you know, I can’t pretend to peer into his soul. He clearly was a stubborn man, a proud man, and, I think, you know, unwilling to confront his own failings, which became manifest. When we come to 2006, the end of 2006, when President George W. Bush decided to fire him, his failure by then had become evident to just about everybody, other than Rumsfeld or perhaps his friend Vice President Cheney.

You know, many historical figures, with the passage of time, find their reputations revised — perhaps improved, perhaps subjected to greater criticism. I don’t expect that there’s going to be any revision of Donald Rumsfeld’s reputation in the future. He was a catastrophically bad and failed defense secretary who radically misinterpreted the necessary response to 9/11, and therefore, caused almost immeasurable damage to our country, to Iraq, to the Persian Gulf, more broadly. And I don’t think there’s any way to disguise that.
https://www.democracynow.org/2021/7/1/donald_rumsfeld_death_iraq_war
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donald Rumsfeld just died   Donald Rumsfeld just died Empty

Back to top Go down

Donald Rumsfeld just died
Page 1 of 1