HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Harry and Meghan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Harry and Meghan Empty
PostSubject: Harry and Meghan   Harry and Meghan EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 6:59 am

Generally I pay no attention to The Royals.  It seems a silly tradition from a bygone era.

But last night's interview with Oprah promised to be newsworthy, and I can sympathize with Harry & Meghan's desire to leave the fishbowl.  They won't get much sympathy about how hard it is to be a Royal -- to have every whim indulged by a staff of hundreds, while your only duty is to appear in public and smile -- but for an outsider like Meghan, or Harry's mother Diana, I can see how the life is a lot less glamorous than the image.

Some of the comments about the two of them losing secret service protection, and worries about baby Archie's skin color, were pretty shocking.  I thought Oprah did a good job of drawing them out, when obviously their training would be to say "no comment."  They both seem like nice grounded people, and they're very obviously infatuated with each other.  Who was it, some heir to the throne in the 1950s who gave up his succession for an American divorcee?  The heart rules the mind.

Harry said at one point that they have the money their mother left them.  I was surprised to hear that, that Diana had any assets independent of the royal family.  Although I guess the Spencers were pretty upper crust before the wedding.

I was not surprised to hear that Harry's father Charles behaved abominably.  He seems like a very not-nice person.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Harry and Meghan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry and Meghan   Harry and Meghan EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 4:52 pm

I guess Meghan's mum is Black.  She herself sure doesn't look half black.
Harry and Meghan Meghan-doria-lead-1557347876
Back to top Go down

Harry and Meghan
Page 1 of 1