HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will The Spell Be Broken?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Will The Spell Be Broken? Empty
PostSubject: Will The Spell Be Broken?   Will The Spell Be Broken? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2020 11:31 am

The roommate of a gay friend of mine -- gay, former heroin addict, some legal history -- has turned into a Trump supporter.  He's become an anti-vaxxer, a COVID conspiracist, gun rights, anti-abortion advocate, Hillary Clinton sells children into sex slavery.... the whole Q-Anon package.  This is surprising, given his history and previous political views.

A childhood friend of Mrs NoCo's -- still lives in the small town in MN where they grew up, still works her family farm -- has turned into a rabid Trump supporter, flooding her Facebook friends with Q-Anon conspiracies.  She never showed any wingnut tendencies before.

The cousin of a friend of mine -- a retired contractor, who is pretty well-off and nicely positioned for the rest of his life -- has turned into a rabid Trump supporter.  Again, the whole package of conspiracy never-believe-science madness.

I don't get it.

Will tomorrow bring clarity to these people, or will they continue to have some sort of brain-implant problems which prevent clear thinking?
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Will The Spell Be Broken?   Will The Spell Be Broken? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 1:41 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
Will tomorrow bring clarity to these people, or will they continue to have some sort of brain-implant problems which prevent clear thinking?

I think this one's been answered quite clearly. The Trumpanzees are hooting and jumping up and down, complaining about how the Democrats fixed the election. Meanwhile, Trump tries to get the vote-counting stopped in some states and continued in others, which may give his lawyers a chance to show how they can argue dishonestly out of both sides of their mouth.

Will The Spell Be Broken? Apeman10
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Will The Spell Be Broken?   Will The Spell Be Broken? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 2:17 pm

Trump's lawyers can't stop the vote -- Trump hasn't led the count since counting began on election day.  If they stop it now, they'll just cement his loss.

His Russian handlers underestimated.  I surmise that they skewed the vote tallies by about 13-16%, figuring the race (the REAL race) would be closer than that, and they could hand Trump a landslide. 

Trump is currently showing 47.98% of the popular vote nationally.  His support in national polls has never been above 32-35%, so his Russian help must be in the 12.98 to 15.98% range.

Which means Joe's tally of 50.4% of the popular vote is probably between 63.4% and 66.4%?  The Russkies can't overcome a landslide like that.  Or, not without planning for it.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Will The Spell Be Broken?   Will The Spell Be Broken? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 2:52 pm

I hadn't tried to figure the numbers like that, but it makes sense. I don't know if the Russians had that much influence, though. I believe some of the Republican state-level operations actively change the vote totals, so that states like Florida will never show a Democratic win, no matter how people vote.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Will The Spell Be Broken?   Will The Spell Be Broken? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2020 6:46 pm

Putin could've tired of Trump, too.  He's done what he wanted done.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Will The Spell Be Broken?   Will The Spell Be Broken? EmptyFri Nov 06, 2020 9:27 am

This article dates back to 2012, but nothing much has changed. The Republicans have resisted all efforts to make the election process more secure, even after Russia was proved to be trying to hack US systems. My thought is that they can't shut out the Russians without shutting out their own hackers.

How to Rig an Election
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Will The Spell Be Broken?   Will The Spell Be Broken? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 7:53 am

After January 21, Joe Biden has an immense job in front of him: not only repairing Trump's damage, but bringing the Trumpanzees into the real world.
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-55193790

How does one re-unite the country when it is so divided?

I'm optimistic.  I think once the vaccine starts rolling out and the pandemic subsides...  Once the economy begins to recover and people go back to work....  Once the fear and suspicion recedes... Once people see that the Biden/Harris policies are WORKING, and things are getting better....

But if the Georgia runoffs don't give us the Senate, we're all screwed.  Royally, terminally, permanently screwed.  It will be four more years of bitter partisan bickering, and lack of recovery, and worsening economy.  The republic may not survive it.  The Russian interference has a friend & ally in Moscow Mitch, and he'll wreck the country without a backward glance.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Will The Spell Be Broken?   Will The Spell Be Broken? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 8:02 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will The Spell Be Broken?   Will The Spell Be Broken? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will The Spell Be Broken?
Page 1 of 1