HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ASMR and Little Sounds and Experiencing Other Places

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

ASMR and Little Sounds and Experiencing Other Places Empty
PostSubject: ASMR and Little Sounds and Experiencing Other Places   ASMR and Little Sounds and Experiencing Other Places EmptyFri Sep 18, 2020 4:13 am

As you know (if you've been paying attention) I like BIG SOUNDS: thunder, big drums, bass guitars, loud orchestras, brass bands, pipe organs.

But not all the time.  Sometimes it's nice to switch to small sounds, like crickets and the wind in the trees and distant dogs barking.  Sometimes I can't sleep, like last night when we had spinach salads and my tummy was growling.  I got up and came into the music room and put on a YouTube video of a cricket chirping and some distant dogs barking:

This was such a nice ambience I burned an MP3 disc of it.  Listen on headphones.

It goes with another similar recording I downloaded a couple months ago:

This one is really lovely because there are a couple of dogs barking about six miles away, at the very edge of audibility.  Also occasional traffic from a few miles away, again just barely audible.  It's a field of cicadas on the surface of this recording, but if you listen carefully and mindfully, there's a whole lot going on beneath the surface.

One thing about the interwebs, nearly anything you can think of, somebody's already done.  However, there's one idea I'd like to hear that I've so far been unable to find and that's a binaural recording taken inside an empty huge stone cathedral at night.  Just the sounds of the night and maybe distant traffic.  There are some examples that come kinda close:

There are LOTS of people making "3D recordings" or binaural recordings and there's a whole genre of ASMR recordings of small noises recorded close to your ears.  Doesn't do anything to me but some people get a tingle from it.

Me, I just want to plop myself down in a different environment now & then for napping, reading, or taking a break from big sounds.
Back to top Go down

ASMR and Little Sounds and Experiencing Other Places
Page 1 of 1