HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Progressive Animal Welfare Society

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Progressive Animal Welfare Society Empty
PostSubject: Progressive Animal Welfare Society   Progressive Animal Welfare Society EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 5:18 pm

As a volunteer, Mrs NoCo received the enclosed today:
Quote :
Dear PAWS Vounteers,

I want to share with you some positive press coverage that PAWS received recently, both nationally and locally.

NBC Nightly News last Saturday covered a transfer of animals to PAWS from a shelter partner in CA. It was a good news story about pilot Peter Rork, a retired doctor who has flown over 16,000 animals to safety in the eight years since he founded Dog Is My CoPilot.

Many people at PAWS are responsible for helping the companion animals that come into PAWS through various means, including transfers like this. I’d like to thank those staff members who made this new story possible and those who were accommodating and patient with the NBC camera crew. In particular, I’d like to extend appreciation to Laura Follis, Lisa Hockins, Rachel Bird, Shannon Swineheart, Corey Childs, Rebecca Oertel, and Tracey Rogers.

Ironically, the story didn’t air in our market, but it did throughout the rest of the country. We’ve received thoughtful comments from viewers as far away as New York, Wisconsin and Arizona. The story reinforces that we are a local organization with a national impact. Our new grant writer, Matt Leighty (a contractor who started two months ago), said that stories that showcase how PAWS helps animals in other areas makes a big difference in attaining grant funding from more sources which is especially needed at this time.

At the transport, I had the pleasure of meeting three long-serving volunteers who unloaded and loaded the 80+ animals at Paine Field and brought them to PAWS. In the attached photo are experienced transport superheroes Meredy, Chuck and Diane. Thank you to Lynn Jefferson for this photo and for so many nice photos of animals in our care that are being posted on our website. Longtime Dog Behavior Volunteer Brita Faccone was terrific with the dogs. (Incidentally, the puppy she’s holding in the attached photo is being adopted by a new board member, Ju Lee – one of thousands wonderful PAWS connections.)

Finally, a week ago there was a profile on PAWS in the Puget Sound Business Journal. It’s beneficial to PAWS to gain exposure with the region’s business community to build more support for our organization.

Thanks to everyone at PAWS for your commitment and compassion exhibited every day in service to animals and people.

Sincerely,

Heidi Wills
CEO
hwills@paws.org
Back to top Go down

Progressive Animal Welfare Society
Page 1 of 1