HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gutters: The Origin Of Life?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Gutters: The Origin Of Life? Empty
PostSubject: Gutters: The Origin Of Life?   Gutters: The Origin Of Life? EmptyWed May 06, 2020 12:46 pm

It rained pretty hard this morning; my gutters overflowed basically everywhere. I haven't cleaned them out since my last little ladder incident....

But the downspouts were totally blocked, so as soon as it cleared up I started pulling handfuls of gunk out of the gutters. It's been a really bad couple months for tree pollen, as well as the usual needles and leaves and tiny pinecones (seed pods?) and it's been hot and sunny for several weeks. The combination starts to take on a life of its own.

The tree pollen is light yellow/beige. It lays in the gutter like pancake batter. The other stuff mixes with it, and in the hot sun it takes on the texture of a pudding, or jello, or jellyfish. It's warm and squishy and holds together like a cooked pancake.

It smells. It smells REALLY BAD. My wife says it smells like manure or garden fertilizer.

I think it smells like a combination of that yeasty stale beer smell, and old urine that's been on the street for a couple weeks, and dead animals (roadkill), with maybe a chaser of chicken manure. Tasty combination!

And it's warm and doughy and tries to bite you when you pull it out of the gutter.
Back to top Go down

Gutters: The Origin Of Life?
Page 1 of 1