Bill Gates Blogs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Bill Gates Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Bill Gates Blogs   Bill Gates Blogs EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 6:33 pm

Bill Gates wrote:
I’ve published a couple new posts on the Gates Notes, and I wanted to make sure you had a chance to take a look.

One post is about what I’ve learned over the past year about Alzheimer’s Disease. It features a clip from the excellent documentary Turning Point: The Quest for a Cure, which looks at why it’s so hard to run clinical trials that would help us develop treatments for Alzheimer’s. I’ve been talking to experts at that very subject, and I’ve even learned about some ways that each of us can contribute to stopping Alzheimer’s. Read the post.

The other post is the latest in my continuing series on energy and climate change. This time I wrote about why buildings are so bad for the climate, and what we can do about it. It’s a sneak peak at one of the areas I’ll cover in the book I’m writing about climate change, which will come out next year. Read the post.

Thanks as always for being an Insider!

Interesting.  Bill's father W.H. Gates Sr. is currently pretty far gone with Alzheimer's. This fight is personal for Bill, though he didn't mention it.

Second, a book about climate change?  Wow.  He's certainly got the resources to put together a definitive study.  He has a certain gravitas and respectability. A barn burner book might be pretty important to the 2020 election discussions.  Stay tuned....
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Bill Gates Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Gates Blogs   Bill Gates Blogs EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 10:29 am

Today, Bill Gates blogs about his fight to end polio.

Meanwhile, Jeff Bezos and Richard Branson shred hundreds of millions of dollars boosting themselves into sub-orbital space. What a difference in the quality of character.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Bill Gates Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Gates Blogs   Bill Gates Blogs EmptySat Dec 11, 2021 7:23 am

Year end 2021 Gates Notes was published earlier this week, and Bill continues to be optimistic. In the face of all logic.

His blog allows comments (which is rare these days) and you get all sorts: "I need money," "Bill you are a god," "Bill you are the problem," and then you get absolute gems like this:
Tamako Yoshida wrote:
Hello. Bill. I red to Chapter 5 today. I 'm going to read the remainder tomorrow. I write the impression afterwards.
Therefore wait. I always look at you. And, thank you for your about 2021's impression and actions and words.
Also, please write it anytime.
Because I want to know your thought and thought in various ways, too.
Then, see you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Bill Gates Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Gates Blogs   Bill Gates Blogs EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 3:30 pm

Bill Gates has a new podcast, "Unconfuse Me," where he talks to various experts about various complex and confusing subjects.

Supposedly.

His first one is a discussion about Alzheimer's -- no surprise there -- but the "experts" he chose to interview are comedian Seth Rogen and his wife.  They're not experts on Alzheimer's , but they have a charity "Hilarity for Charity" which raises money for Alzheimer's support (not research, just support for caregivers) through comedy shows.

Uh, yeah.  This podcast did not unconfuse me at all.

Maybe Bill just really really likes Seth Rogen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bill Gates Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Gates Blogs   Bill Gates Blogs Empty

Back to top Go down

Bill Gates Blogs
Page 1 of 1