HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Memory is a tricky thing....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Memory is a tricky thing.... Empty
PostSubject: Memory is a tricky thing....   Memory is a tricky thing.... EmptySat Oct 19, 2019 10:58 am

I've been on kind of a Monty Python kick this week, watching the "Almost The Truth" documentary on Netflix and revisiting some of my other Python sources.  One thing I never understood, never engaged in, never owned is "comedy records" because I can't imagine listening to the same jokes over and over.

But the Pythons did a number of songs, including "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" and "The Galaxy Song" for which I have considerable fondness.  The thought occurred to me that I could put together a "Monty Python Sings" CD-R if I could find the tracks somewhere online for free.

So far, no luck with that.

But I do like this album cover and thought I'd start with it:
Memory is a tricky thing.... Music_FOLDER_Music-105qX

Now, for the inside of this cover, I wanted to reprint the original Beethoven cover before all the cross-outs.  Looking online however, I was surprised to not be able to find it.  Anywhere.  I know it exists because I held a copy in my hands, thirty years or so ago.

But wait.

Googling the supposed conductor, Dietriech Walther, according to the German Wikipedia he was a businessman -- not a conductor.  Googling the soloist, Justus Pankau, he was a cinematographer -- not a musician.  WTF?  Did I DREAM holding the original record?  The memory is as clear as day... yet all signs point to it being impossible.  Yikes. I can't even find a Beethoven record with that Bruegel on the cover.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Memory is a tricky thing.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memory is a tricky thing....   Memory is a tricky thing.... EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 11:12 am

In case you missed it, somehow, here are 139 Bruegel album covers. Maybe you can find it in there.
Back to top Go down

Memory is a tricky thing....
Page 1 of 1