HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Epic Low Brass "The Rains of Castamere" Game of Thrones (Cover for 40+ Low Brass)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Epic Low Brass "The Rains of Castamere" Game of Thrones (Cover for 40+ Low Brass) Empty
PostSubject: Epic Low Brass "The Rains of Castamere" Game of Thrones (Cover for 40+ Low Brass)   Epic Low Brass "The Rains of Castamere" Game of Thrones (Cover for 40+ Low Brass) EmptySun May 12, 2019 4:06 pm

This sounds like the sort of thing to give your equipment some exercise, Noco. If you can find decent recordings of their stuff.

Epic Low Brass "The Rains of Castamere" Game of Thrones (Cover for 40+ Low Brass)
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Epic Low Brass "The Rains of Castamere" Game of Thrones (Cover for 40+ Low Brass) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Low Brass "The Rains of Castamere" Game of Thrones (Cover for 40+ Low Brass)   Epic Low Brass "The Rains of Castamere" Game of Thrones (Cover for 40+ Low Brass) EmptySun May 12, 2019 4:51 pm

As a former (unsuccessful) tromboner myself, I can appreciate the Really Epic Racket this band puts forward.  A thing to behold!

I would buy anything they released in a second.

Unfortunately... although the video (two days old) ends with "digital download available everywhere" I could find no place offering it.  Nor any other music by this ensemble.

There's a SIMILAR earlier version here (which *can* be purchased on iTunes), but it's not quite as extreme so not as good.

It seems odd, unlikely really, that Brian Mahany assembled all 40+ players in the studio on April 28 just to record one 3:13 piece of music. HOPEFULLY there's more in the can!
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Epic Low Brass "The Rains of Castamere" Game of Thrones (Cover for 40+ Low Brass)   Epic Low Brass "The Rains of Castamere" Game of Thrones (Cover for 40+ Low Brass) EmptySun May 12, 2019 5:00 pm

I *do* love me some brass quintets:

Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Epic Low Brass "The Rains of Castamere" Game of Thrones (Cover for 40+ Low Brass)   Epic Low Brass "The Rains of Castamere" Game of Thrones (Cover for 40+ Low Brass) EmptyMon May 13, 2019 6:30 am

In Britain, there used to be a lot of coal mines, aka collieries, and there was a custom of a number of them forming brass bands, as a leisure activity for the miners. The best of the surviving ones is the Grimethorpe Colliery Band. They won't blow out your speakers, but if you want high-quality brass music, you should check them out.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epic Low Brass "The Rains of Castamere" Game of Thrones (Cover for 40+ Low Brass)   Epic Low Brass "The Rains of Castamere" Game of Thrones (Cover for 40+ Low Brass) Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1