Diet Coke

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Diet Coke               Empty
PostSubject: Diet Coke    Diet Coke               EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 5:04 am

Last night I had a diet Coke just before dinner.  Every now and then I crave one.

Always when I do however, it gives me a gut ache.  A gut ache that feels exactly like hunger, and I subsequently overeat in an attempt to make the hurt go away.  I really need to learn to not have a Coke once a month when I crave one.

Mrs NoCo is addicted to the stuff.  She has 3-4 a day.

My sister the healthfood nut drinks at least six a day.  I KNOW they're addictive.

My doctor, when he was laying out what I should and shouldn't eat & drink, said "absolutely no pop, ever."  That's probably the best advice right there.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Diet Coke    Diet Coke               EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 6:27 am

I gave up diet soda a few years ago. I gave up regular soda about a year ago. Now I mostly drink seltzer or just plain water (or wine or coffee). Flavored seltzers are zero calorie and don't seem to be harmful.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Diet Coke    Diet Coke               EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 10:00 pm

Do you have your own seltzer maker, or is this store-bought?  I've toyed with the idea of buying a SodaStream, but don't know if I'd like the end result, or if it'd be cost effective.
Diet Coke               412-YuFqs5L
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Diet Coke    Diet Coke               EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 8:23 am

For home, I mostly drink plain water (sometimes just from the tap, but I have a Brita jug) or store-bought seltzer. At the bridge club, they have a big soda contraption that puts out Coke, Diet Coke, ginger ale, seltzer, and probably a couple more flavors - I guess it's like a SodaStream, but commercial size. I drink the seltzer out of that. It tastes fine to me.

I toyed with the idea of buying a SodaStream a few years ago. Without doing any real cost-benefit analysis, I decided we didn't drink enough fizzy stuff that it could possibly be worthwhile. I could be wrong, but it felt like one more gadget that might be a good idea in theory but would just clutter up the place in practice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diet Coke    Diet Coke               Empty

Back to top Go down

Diet Coke
Page 1 of 1