HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Book: Reckless Daughter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Book: Reckless Daughter Empty
PostSubject: Book: Reckless Daughter   Book: Reckless Daughter EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 6:04 pm

A 2017 biography of Joni Mitchell, who is a) insanely talented and b) half-crazy. Sadly, either her life isn't as dramatic as it should have been, or the author did a poor job of digging up unbelievable anecdotes, because so far it's mostly a story of working hard, paying dues, getting better and finally becoming famous.

The book gave me the motivation to check out her first husband, Chuck Mitchell, who was her singing partner in the beginning. He's been described as the non-talented half. After careful consideration I think maybe that's too kind.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Book: Reckless Daughter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book: Reckless Daughter   Book: Reckless Daughter EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 9:17 am

In the early 1970s Joni built a stone cabin on sixty acres of wilderness in British Columbia. It had no electricity, because, according to Joni, electricity is "so carcinogenic. I had a revelation about it. You'll never cure cancer until you go back to candlelight."

This from a woman who smokes cigarettes constantly.

So much for "revelation."
Back to top Go down

Book: Reckless Daughter
Page 1 of 1