HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mojave

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Mojave                     Empty
PostSubject: Mojave    Mojave                     EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 11:26 am

Finally got around to downloading the new (free!) Apple OS last night (rel. Sept 24, 2018), going from High Sierra (10.13) to Mojave (10.14).  The visible improvements seem to be entirely cosmetic and minor:

• Ability to have black frames around your windows (big deal -- Microsoft could do this and much more from Win 3.0 I think.  Great way to waste time unproductively)
  • The ability to stack file folders by category (ditto)
  • Improved image search
  • Editing photos, videos and documents without opening their associated app (why?)
  • Built-in screen capture (always had this, with Cmd+Shift+4)
  • Import iPhone photos & video through the cloud (also not new)
  • Apple News (not new)
  • Stock market ticker (not new)
  • Voice memos (not new)
  • Smart home integration (okay if you have a smart thermostat, smart appliances, smart doorbell, smart security system...)
  • Safari has finally adopted some of the anti-scripting features of Firefox
  • App store redesigned to appeal to Gen Y

In short, they priced it exactly right.

The reason I bit the bullet and downloaded it is that my AOL was getting fruity -- trouble sending mail, trouble displaying mail --

Since this only occurred on the desktop, I guessed (correctly it turned out) that it was OS based (recent iOS updates to iPhone & iPad) and updating to the latest OS was the solution.  Only one change in mail I can see -- "Old Mail" and "New Mail" are now separate windows, instead of new mail being bolded on the single "Mail" window.  I rate this change as neutral, neither advantageous nor disadvantageous.

However everything works correctly and fast again, so okay.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Mojave    Mojave                     EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 6:32 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
Only one change in mail I can see -- "Old Mail" and "New Mail" are now separate windows, instead of new mail being bolded on the single "Mail" window.  I rate this change as neutral, neither advantageous nor disadvantageous.
Yesterday I saved a new e-mail as "new" and it stayed in the new e-mail folder but it became unbolded, to indicate it had been read.

This is more information than I got before. Change moved to "advantageous" column.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Mojave    Mojave                     EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 8:41 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
Yesterday I saved a new e-mail as "new" and it stayed in the new e-mail folder but it became unbolded, to indicate it had been read.

Thunderbird has been doing that for many years.

Does your new email allow you to tag the heading with different colors?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Mojave    Mojave                     EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 12:16 pm

Yes, I believe so. Is there something useful about that?
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Mojave    Mojave                     EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 1:23 pm

It can be useful. You can create your own tags (color and text) or use the ones provided. One useful bit is that you can sort the emails by tag. It's a small thing, but can be handy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojave    Mojave                     Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojave
Page 1 of 1