HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Remaking of Federal Courts under Trump

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: The Remaking of Federal Courts under Trump   Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:05 pm

Here’s a prediction:

With the mid-terms looming in 30 short days, and SCOTUS now packed with flunkies, Pres. Trump will fire Mueller and attempt to scuttle the investigation within the next week or two.

He will couch it as “a left-wing witch hunt gone out of control”, and Senate Republicans will back him.

Now, what will he do to try to prevent the Dems from reopening the investigation after January when they control both houses?  Will his minions introduce legislation in the House making it illegal to investigate a sitting president?  Will the FBI’s power be limited to exclude the executive branch entirely?  Will he propose a Constitutional Amendment making presidents immune from law enforcement actions?

Any of these would tie up the courts in new lawsuits that would have to be settled before his impeachment could move forward, allowing him to make it to 2020.

Once he makes it that far, all bets are off as to what he’ll do to retain power.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Remaking of Federal Courts under Trump   Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:05 pm

I don't think the Democrats will hold both houses of Congress in January. While I think they have a good chance of taking the House, the odds of them taking back the Senate are pretty slim. There are twenty-six Democratic Senators up for re-election this year, while there are only nine Republicans. I don't have any confidence that the Democrats can take the Senate.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: The Remaking of Federal Courts under Trump   Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:27 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
Once he makes it that far, all bets are off as to what he’ll do to retain power.

I'm not the only one who sees this possibility.

http://theweek.com/articles/795074/trump-may-never-leave-white-house
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Remaking of Federal Courts under Trump   

Back to top Go down

The Remaking of Federal Courts under Trump
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2