Dead iPad

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Dead iPad      Empty
PostSubject: Dead iPad    Dead iPad      EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 6:34 am

My wife's iPad (bought Nov. 2014) has been having battery problems for several months.  When you first power it up it comes up with the "5% battery low power" black screen, yet when you plug it into power it pops back to 100% charged.

Until recently.  The past couple of weeks it stopped popping, and just stayed at 5% charged.  Took it into the Genius Bar, they ran diagnostics and confirmed a bad battery.  Batteries aren't replaceable in iPads.  New iPad is the only solution.

Apple wanted $299 to replace it with an identical model (non-current apparently).  I was all ready to do that (new it was $499) but they needed my wife's Apple ID to do it, and I didn't know her password, and we couldn't boot the iPad, so I had to bring it home.

She said, let's check Best Buy.  Best Buy had the same model, brand new, for $279 -- with a $120 trade-in for the old one (as is).

Fucking Apple.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Dead iPad      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead iPad    Dead iPad      EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 8:52 am

It looks like the battery in my wife's iPad is slowly dying. Don't know what I'll replace it with, but I know it won't be a $700 item that has to be thrown out because a $20 battery can't be replaced.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Dead iPad      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead iPad    Dead iPad      EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 8:57 am

Must've used a flaky supplier there for a while. My Mini from, shit, six years ago maybe?, still works flawlessly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dead iPad      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead iPad    Dead iPad      Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead iPad
Page 1 of 1