HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your memories of the presidents

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Your memories of the presidents Empty
PostSubject: Your memories of the presidents   Your memories of the presidents EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 6:54 am

• Eisenhower: I don't hardly remember Ike at all.  I remember seeing him on TV but I was just a young kid.
  • Kennedy: All of the pomp surrounding this president and "his glamorous young wife," always the harping on his "glamorous young wife."  Some of his policies were unpopular at the time, but I remember he gave good speeches.  I was hopeful he would improve the country in his second term.
  • Johnson: We all thought he was a lying sack of shit at the time, and his constant escalation of Viet Nam (despite promises to the contrary) only cemented my hatred of him.
  • Nixon: Jesus what a snarky little man.  Hated him from the get-go.
  • Ford: Seemed well-meaning but not very bright.  Our only non-elected president was always just a placeholder.
  • Carter: I found him refreshingly honest and forthright, he said unpopular things and took on difficult tasks.  This was of course used against him.
  • Reagan: The first in a non-stop series of Republican candidates who were not actually in charge, but were just actors hired to play the president while unseen dark forces moved the levers of power.  I thought Reagan was senile from Day One, his "aw shucks" speaking manner infuriated me, I couldn't understand then -- nor can I today -- how anybody thought he was anything but a abject failure.
  • Bush 43: His CIA background made me immediately suspicious, I always felt he wasn't being honest with the country about his true motives and what was really happening.  Never trusted him.  His personal feud with Saddam still deserves a Congressional investigation.
  • Clinton: Although a Democrat, Bill was sold-out to corporate interests like a Republican.  He had more personal charm than any other president I remembered, but his policies were more Republican than Bush or Reagan.
  • Bush 46: A bumbling C-student whose dad got him the job as "presidential spokesperson" while Cheney & the Black Hats ran the country.  Into the ground.  Crime of the century that everybody in this administration wasn't tried for treason and shot.
  • Obama: Inherited a disaster economy but was too slow and too cautious to kick it back on the tracks.  Had a lot of promising rhetoric but was way too fast to give in to Congress on everything.  Let the Republican Congress stop him in his tracks after only 2 years in office.  Spent his last six as a lame duck president.
  • Trump: Another buffoon hired to pose for photos while evil forces devastate the country.  Had the added bonus of loving publicity and generating as much of it as he could.  This distracted the nation from what was really happening.

Last edited by NoCoPilot on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Your memories of the presidents   Your memories of the presidents EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 8:49 am

Two more for me:

• Roosevelt: Don't remember him; I was a baby.
  • Truman: I remember my parents saw him at a train stop. That's all.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Your memories of the presidents   Your memories of the presidents EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 9:03 am

Presidential wives:

• Mamie Eisenhower: No memory
  • Jackie: Air-headed socialite
  • Ladybird: Proper Southern women didn't speak unless spoken to
  • Pat: Ditto above
  • Rosalyn: Ditto above
  • Nancy:Ordered $200,000 in new china (at taxpayer expense!) while her husband told the nation to scrimp and save
  • Barbara: Everybody's grandma --
  • Hillary: More ambitious than her husband, and a lot less likable.  Should've divorced his ass after Lewinsky.
  • Laura: I liked Laura.  Seemed real decent, and smart, and level headed.  I'd have voted for her.
  • Michelle: Ditto above
  • Cruella DeVille: Don't let her near the puppies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your memories of the presidents   Your memories of the presidents Empty

Back to top Go down

Your memories of the presidents
Page 1 of 1