HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Al Franken

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Al Franken Empty
PostSubject: Al Franken   Al Franken EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 7:55 pm

Senator Al has been exposed for French-kissing a reporter two years before he ran for Senate. They were rehearsing a play in which he was supposed to kiss her (but not French).

He also mimed touching her breasts, through a flak jacket, for a photo, while she slept.

This was back when he was a comedian.

The behavior is wrong, insensitive, demeaning.... but to my mind, a whole different magnitude more mild than Judge Moore serially dating high school girls, or Trump bragging about grabbing women's crotches. But of course, Fox News and the right-wing echochamber will have a field day with it.
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/11/16/sean-hannity-senator-al-franken-groped-women-leeann-tweeden-melanie-morgan-uso
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Al Franken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Franken   Al Franken EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 8:22 pm

After the news report, Mrs NoCo and I were discussing our experiences with harassment. She has had many instances where inappropriate remarks were made to her, or suggestive jokes told in her presence, or innuendos were made. No instances of touching or groping however.

I can recall only one instance in my life, where I made a slightly off-color joke and was reprimanded for it. I was working in a basement workshop, cleaning computer terminals (which was my job at the time). In another room a female co-worker, who was a pretty good friend of mine, was also cleaning terminals. Our boss came into the room, unexpectedly (his first-ever trip to the basement). I yelled, "Mary, get your clothes on, Neil is here!"

She laughed her ass off, and refused to allow Neil to discipline me. Neil -- who was a tightass little prick -- insisted on writing me up. His report went nowhere. But it was mentioned four years later when Neil's successor fired me (Neil had been fired a year earlier when it was discovered he'd forged his credentials).

That's the only incident I can recall.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Al Franken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Franken   Al Franken EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 4:00 pm

One woman.

In a comedic setting.

Not the same as a whole football team (each!) of unwanted groping from Moore and Trump and Weinstein, who were using their power & position to overwhelm subservient females.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Al Franken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Franken   Al Franken EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Here's what we have learned.

Not okay:
Al Franken Al-franken-02-ht-jc-171116_4x3_992

Okay:
Quote :
You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.  Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Al Franken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Franken   Al Franken EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 1:36 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
One woman. 

Okay, more than one. These things tend to be serial, can't say I'm too surprised.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Al Franken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Franken   Al Franken EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 11:27 am

It's up to seven women now I think, which is deplorable and Franken resigned today. Too bad, I liked him.

But having a "zero tolerance" policy will allow Democrats to claim the high moral ground if Roy Moore is elected next Tuesday, and will help all Democrats in 2018. It's a sacrificial offering that must be made. I think Franken's district in MN is probably pretty reliably Democratic, so hopefully we won't lose a vote over this. Will they hold a special election to fill his seat?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Al Franken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Franken   Al Franken EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 11:34 am

AND.... I think this is further evidence that the culture has changed.  When Sen. Bob Packwood was accused of sexual predation in 1995, it took the Senate THREE YEARS to investigate and oust him.

Bill Clinton's pre-Presidential misconduct was never considered disqualifying for office.

These days, even non-sexual unwanted kissing or bottom touching is considered grounds for legal action.

This new standard of respect is long overdue (and I count myself among the males whose views have evolved a bit on this) and hopefully will radiate out from politics to industry, the military, and sports. Because it is pervasive.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Al Franken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Franken   Al Franken EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 9:50 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
 I think Franken's district in MN is probably pretty reliably Democratic, so hopefully we won't lose a vote over this.  Will they hold a special election to fill his seat?
Apparently Minnesota's governor gets to appoint somebody to hold his seat until the November 2018 election.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Al Franken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Franken   Al Franken EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 1:04 pm

Can you believe it? Al Franken is still an issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Al Franken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al Franken   Al Franken Empty

Back to top Go down

Al Franken
Page 1 of 1