HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Judge Roy Moore

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Judge Roy Moore    Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:50 pm

Now nine women have come forward, saying assistant district attorney (at the time) Roy Moore groped or make sexual advances to them, in the 1970s, when he was in his thirties and they were 14-18 years old.  

This may not, strictly speaking, be illegal in Alabama.  The age of consent, for having sexual intercourse legally in Alabama, is sixteen.  The fact that Moore was TWICE their age is not illegal (however creepy it may be).  The fact that he was known to stalk the local mall, trying to pick up local high school girls, is well known (and horrifying -- but perfectly legal ... in Alabama).  He has bragged publicly about how many young girls he "dated."

And the Alabama voters appear to be ready to elect this man to Jeff Sessions' vacant Senate seat.  Moore was twice removed from office for defying court-ordered removal of religious statuary in Alabama courthouses.  Roy Moore is on record stating that Muslims should not be allowed to serve in Congress.  Roy Moore is on record stating homosexual behavior should be illegal and punishable.

All of which opinions are perfectly legal.

In Alabama.

Heavy sigh.

Moore OF COURSE denies all the charges, but then blows up his own narrative by adding:
Quote :
"I don't remember dating any girl without the permission of her mother," Roy Moore said during that interview with [Sean] Hannity.

And, forgive me, but this seems worth repeating too:
Quote :
Kayla Moore defended her husband in an interview with Breitbart News.

"You know we met at a Bible study -- that's where we met," Kayla Moore said. "We raised our children at in Bible-focused Christian home. You know, it's just not true -- any of it."

{Sidenote: when did he meet his wife?
Quote :
Moore was 38 when he married 24-year-old Kayla Kisor. They met a year before they married, according to Moore's autobiography, "So Help Me God."

Moore wrote that he had been invited to recite poetry at a church Christmas party and spotted his future wife in the crowd.  "Sitting with her mother on the sofa against the wall was a beautiful young woman," Moore wrote. "I learned that her name was Kayla."

In his book, Roy Moore said he had seen Kayla "many" years earlier, although it doesn't specify how old she was when she first caught his eye. Women who spoke to the Washington Post said Moore asked them for dates in the late 1970s. Moore left Alabama in 1983, traveled to Texas and Australia, and returned in 1984, around the same time he met Kayla Kisor at the church Christmas party.  Kayla Moore was divorced and had a young daughter when Roy Moore married her in 1985, but she did attend school with the woman who accused Roy Moore of sexual assault. Beverly Young Nelson said she was a sophomore at Southside High School in 1977, alongside Kayla Kisor.  "Many years before, I had attended a dance recital at Gadsden State Junior College," Roy Moore wrote. "I remembered one of the special dances performed by a young woman whose first and last names began with the letter 'K.' It was something I had never forgotten. Could that young woman have been Kayla Kisor? Anxious to meet her, I began with the line, 'Haven't we met somewhere before?'"

"I knew Kayla was going to be a special person in my life," Roy Moore wrote. "Long afterward, I would learn that Kayla had, in fact, performed a special dance routine at Gadsden State years before."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
richard09

PostSubject: Re: Judge Roy Moore    Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:36 am

In England when I grew up (and I think it's still true), the age of consent for sex was 16. However, unlike (apparently) Alabama, in England people expected teenagers to be having sex with teenagers. Indeed, an 18- or 19-year-old could expect unfriendly looks and snarky comments if he dated a girl a couple of years younger than himself. A thirty-something who went after a 16-year-old could expect a visit from some muscular relatives.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Judge Roy Moore    Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:55 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
richard09

PostSubject: Re: Judge Roy Moore    Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:23 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Judge Roy Moore    Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:04 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Judge Roy Moore    Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:40 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Judge Roy Moore    Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:00 am

I know I could be wrong here, and I know this is a minority view, but all of the elections since Nov. 2016 reinforce my belief that the vote tallies in that election were tampered with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Judge Roy Moore    Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:05 am

Revisionist history is endemic in the GOP.
Quote :
“This is impossible. This is 100-percent an effort by the Washington establishment to keep Roy Moore out of it,” Sykes told HuffPost. “If they can put a Democrat in office in Alabama, in 2017, to replace Jeff Sessions, even after Donald Trump won by a landslide in 2016, that means they can replace anyone they want. We don’t have an honest republic if this can happen. Does that make sense?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
richard09

PostSubject: Re: Judge Roy Moore    Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:32 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
I know I could be wrong here, and I know this is a minority view, but all of the elections since Nov. 2016 reinforce my belief that the vote tallies in that election were tampered with.

I thought I was the one saying that the election was fixed, and you were the one blaming Hillary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Judge Roy Moore    Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:38 am

Hillary was a polarizing candidate. Republicans HATED her, and among Democrats her support was tepid at best. She was a terrible choice.

But polls showed her winning (by a substantial margin) right up until election eve, and I find that extremely suspicious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Judge Roy Moore    Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:29 am

If a Republican wins, even with a minority of the vote, it becomes a "landslide."  If they lose, it was "election tampering."

This is the same logic that House Republicans are using to delegitimize the Mueller investigations before they even return the indictments we know are coming.  If you can't fight the message, shoot the messenger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judge Roy Moore    

Back to top Go down

Judge Roy Moore
Page 1 of 1