HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Trump's Nominee To Be USDA's Chief Scientist Is Not A Scientist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
richard09

PostSubject: Trump's Nominee To Be USDA's Chief Scientist Is Not A Scientist   Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:11 am

For an important (but usually low-profile) job, Trump has appointed a political crony instead of someone qualified. What a surprise.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenni
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trump's Nominee To Be USDA's Chief Scientist Is Not A Scientist   Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:48 pm

It's like 1984 all around. The Ed sec doesn't believe in public schools, USDA guy not a scientist, he's doing them all this way- it's surreal. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Trump's Nominee To Be USDA's Chief Scientist Is Not A Scientist   Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:02 pm

In the November 2011 Republican candidate debates, Rick Perry was asked which departments he'd eliminate. He answered, "Commerce, Education, and, um, the third one.  Um."  He could not remember the name of the third one.

He later confirmed it was Energy.

Guess which department he was nominated for by Trump, confirmed by Congress, and now heads?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trump's Nominee To Be USDA's Chief Scientist Is Not A Scientist   Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:45 pm

When Perry accepted the job, he had no idea what is was. He thought it was essentially a traveling salesman for American energy companies. And now he's in charge of our nukes. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Trump's Nominee To Be USDA's Chief Scientist Is Not A Scientist   Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:59 pm

In a small way Trump is performing a valuable service.

He is taking know-nothing conservatives and forcing them to educate themselves, one-at-a-time, by appointing them as heads of government agencies they thought could be eliminated. I suspect each one of them comes away with a new respect for the people reporting to them, and they probably become among the most ardent supporters of their departments. Alas, eliminating ignorance among conservatives is a never ending and thankless task, since it is so much easier to be clueless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trump's Nominee To Be USDA's Chief Scientist Is Not A Scientist   Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:03 pm

I couldn't disagree with you more on this.
Every one of these uneducated and unqualified appointees has only one thing in mind: "What's in it for me?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
richard09

PostSubject: Re: Trump's Nominee To Be USDA's Chief Scientist Is Not A Scientist   Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
I suspect each one of them comes away with a new respect for the people reporting to them, and they probably become among the most ardent supporters of their departments.

Betsy Devos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Trump's Nominee To Be USDA's Chief Scientist Is Not A Scientist   Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:33 pm

richard09 wrote:
Betsy Devos
Yeah, I was thinking of her when I wrote this. I'm afraid I can't even sell that bass-ackward optimism to myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trump's Nominee To Be USDA's Chief Scientist Is Not A Scientist   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1