HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

That's Odd

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: That's Odd    Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:06 pm

A friend told me this morning that he recently received a notice of a parking violation in the mail. The car is a 1990 Lexus. Jim does not now and never has owned a Lexus. The car was registered in his name at his address. He and his wife are the only ones who have lived at that address for almost twenty years.

He checked his credit, of course, and there is nothing wrong there.

He notified the police about the matter and they told him to forget about the parking ticket and they would look for the car and try to find out what's going on. They checked DMV records and there was a sale recorded for the car when it was put in Jim's name (I don't know when that occurred). The cop told him that was the first time he had ever heard of such a thing.

Odd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: That's Odd    Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Exceedingly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: That's Odd    Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:57 am

Another slightly odd thing.

Last night, there was a momentary blip in the electricity. Enough to reset the satellite receiver, but nothing else. I went to the computer and checked the UPS display. It showed about seventy volts input. Fuck it, it's almost bed time anyway. Turned everything off, called PG&E to report the problem, and went to bed (Kindles now have built-in lights, so reading is still possible). About an hour later, I  fired up the computer and checked the input voltage again. It was varying from sixty-six to ninety).

This morning, all was well except for the double-oven range. The display was off and would not respond to any buttons. The electric pilots would still fire up the burners, so there was power to the stove. After cursing a bit, I went out and turned off the breaker for the stove. Waited a few seconds and turned it back on. Surprisingly, the controller/display rebooted and is now working fine.

Odd when you have to reboot a kitchen appliance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: That's Odd    Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:47 am

_Howard wrote:
Odd when you have to reboot a kitchen appliance.
Everything has computers in it now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: That's Odd    Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:58 am

It sometimes seems that way, but I would guess that only a very small fraction of one percent of the items in my house have electronics in them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: That's Odd    Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Well, YOUR house sure. It's like an episode of The Flintstones there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That's Odd    

Back to top Go down

That's Odd
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Topics :: Just For Fun-
Jump to: