HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TV Series: The Six Wives of Henry VIII

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

TV Series: The Six Wives of Henry VIII Empty
PostSubject: TV Series: The Six Wives of Henry VIII   TV Series: The Six Wives of Henry VIII EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 7:07 pm

I have fond memories of watching this BBC miniseries in 1971. I remember excellent acting, dramatic pacing, shocking turns of events, and being totally enthralled.

It's been on my "maybe buy someday" list forever. So when I saw (for my first time ever) a used 3-DVD boxed set at Half Price Books Sunday I almost picked it up -- but they wanted $35 for it.

Sunday night I read that Rick Wakeman's first solo album, 1973's "The Six Wives of Henry VIII" had recently been staged in London live, for the first time ever, and was being released on Blu-Ray in excellent sound.

Monday I happened across a BBC special on "The Secrets of Henry VIII's Palace," all about the king and the palace he dedicated to each of his six wives, in turn.

I took this as a sign.

Since I had to go right past Half Price again today I stopped in to see if the box was still on the shelf.

It was.

It isn't anymore.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

TV Series: The Six Wives of Henry VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Series: The Six Wives of Henry VIII   TV Series: The Six Wives of Henry VIII EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 7:49 am

One 90-minute episode devoted to each of his six wives. Next time I have nine hours to kill I'll binge-watch the whole thing.
Back to top Go down

TV Series: The Six Wives of Henry VIII
Page 1 of 1