HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Stupid Laws

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Stupid Laws   Sat May 27, 2017 5:34 pm

No, I'm not talking about the silly laws like the one in Baldwin Park which states that nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.

I'm talking about the stupid laws. The ones that make no fucking sense.

A couple of years ago, a popular pain medication - hydrocodone - was elevated by the feds to the same classification as morphine or heroin. This mandates that every prescription must be a written script by the physician. Physicians are not allowed to call or fax the prescription. Refills are not allowed. So in order to get the medication (maximum thirty-day supply) you must get a script from the doctor once a month and then drive to the pharmacy to get the prescription filled. In my case, this takes at least two hours.

Okay, Fine. But consider this: I can get codeine through the insurance company's mail-order pharmacy. The doctor just sends them a fax or an email. The only limitation is that the insurance will only allow a ninety-day supply (as with every other drug). What's the difference? Hydrocodone is a lab-created opiate, while codeine is an opiate straight from the poppy.

Stupid fucking law.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Stupid Laws
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1