HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Provocation, Response & Counter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Provocation, Response & Counter Empty
PostSubject: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 10:03 am

Some are now starting to speculate that the Trump Administration -- and I make a distinction here between The Donald and the neocons behind the scene who are really pulling the strings -- is being intentionally provocative in the hopes of triggering some sort of terrorist attack on domestic soil. That would give them free license to impose martial law and suspend civil liberties.

https://lawfareblog.com/why-trumps-policies-will-increase-terrorism%E2%80%94and-why-trump-might-benefit-result
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=654265404770041&id=100005597623240
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 10:47 am

An increase in terrorist activities may be the result of this administration's belligerence, but I don't believe that is their goal. I don't believe they can think that far ahead, much less do they possess a clear view of reality.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 11:01 am

It's more-or-less the Rove-Wolfowitz-Rumsfeld Iraq policy -- waiting for a trigger event... any kind of trigger event -- to justify their agenda of wanting to invade and depose Saddam.

Only this time, The PNAC/Heritage Foundation is intent on actually seizing the Middle East oilfields, in this era of decreasing production and falling prices. Exxon-Mobil -- who pay a major role in Trump's cabinet -- must have their profit margins protected at any cost.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 8:10 pm

Seizing America seems more likely.

Trial Balloon for a Coup?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 8:21 pm

Yes, seizing the Middle East oilfields and imposing martial law domestically. Suspending elections until the crisis blows over ("the crisis" being whatever foreign or domestic Muslim or Islamic group he can entice into attacking us).
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 8:47 pm

It occurs to me that the "trigger event" could be as small as irrefutable proof that the election was rigged in Trump's favor, and the ensuing civil unrest.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 10:32 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
[Why I may Vote For Trump]
I was watching one of the political commentary shows and they had "a Trump surrogate" on. He made a point that I really couldn't disagree with.

He said Trump is a vote for change. Hillary is a vote for more of the same.

People in this country are fed up, hungry for change, they want to shake up the "business as usual" in Washington. Trump, although he's promised to return to Reagan-Bush-era trickle down economics -- which has proven disastrous -- everything else about a Trump presidency would be new territory.

Maybe putting Trump in the White House would finally kill the Republican Party and conservative politics.

I'm assuming that the changes we're seeing are not the ones you were hoping for. They're certainly not "more of the same".
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 10:40 am

"Maybe putting Trump in the White House would finally kill the Republican Party." I think the Party operatives are starting to see now what a huge mistake they made by getting behind an insecure megalomaniac with small hands.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 1:57 pm

No, I don't think they will see it that way. I think they will see it as an opportunity to enact some of their more egregious laws.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 1:59 pm

So, you see Trump as "just another Republican" then?
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 2:17 pm

Of course not. How the hell did you get that from what I wrote?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 2:30 pm

I got that from your statement "I don't think they will see it that way. I think they will see it as an opportunity to enact some of their more egregious laws." This implies to me that Trump and the GOP are working toward the same goals, in your view -- which I think must be an alternative fact.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 2:37 pm

You misunderstood the statement by trying to make too much of it. Your reasoning was faulty, or should I say, "alternative".

I agree that the majority of the Republican Leadership is unhappy with Agent Orange. They did not support him in the primaries, and he got little support from them in the general election. But if they see this tragedy as an opportunity, they will most certainly make the most of it. If DT didn't have the label "Republican" attached to him, you can be sure that the Republicans in Congress would be working feverishly on articles of impeachment right now. Why aren't they? Because they are Republicans, a despicable bunch of pseudo-humans.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 7:09 pm

_Howard wrote:
I think they [Republicans] will see it as an opportunity to enact some of their more egregious laws.
Quote :
Despite his creepy weirdness, Republicans at first thought they could use Trump for Republican ends. But from his embrace of Putin to his sponsorship of a general trade war, this is no Republican. One can only imagine the alarm and horror being expressed by Republicans privately.
Source
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 8:26 am

I have already read that article and many more.
My opinion stands.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 9:35 am

You're entitled to your opinion. However wrong it may be.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 9:53 am

And you are entitled to your comments, however insipid they may be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Provocation, Response & Counter   Provocation, Response & Counter Empty

Back to top Go down

Provocation, Response & Counter
Page 1 of 1