HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Pillows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Pillows    Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:09 am

Among the many things in this world that I do not understand, one big one is pillows.

In every bedding store, in every furnishings store, in every variety store you can buy a VARIETY of pillows, either standard size or king (or full-length body pillows). You can buy goose down or synthetic down or foam or shredded foam or peanuts or beads or buckwheat and I've even seen water-filled pillows. You can get pillows with an hourglass top surface for cradling your head. You can get surfaces made of satin or cotton or denim or a corduroy-like fabric that supposedly stays cool. You can get surfaces with little liquid-filled sacs that stay cool at night. You can get every color imaginable, and in specialty or "throw pillows" you can get any shape imaginable.

What you CAN'T GET is a thin pillow.

If you sleep on your back or your stomach, a 4" thick pillow doesn't work. ALL KNOWN PILLOWS range from 4" to almost 12" thick.

I used to have a mutant down pillow I found once, when I was a teenager. It was only about an inch thick. I slept on it every night for 40+ years, carried it with me on trips, took it on vacation, took it up to my parents' house at Christmas. It was the only pillow I'd ever found that was comfortable. Anything else and I woke up with a crippling neck-ache, if I slept at all.

But after 40 years it was worn out. It was dirty and smelly and had gotten kinda lumpy. Reluctantly, a year ago, I made the difficult decision to throw it out.

Ever since then I have shopped, in stores and online, everywhere and anywhere, for a pillow made for stomach sleepers. NO DICE.

Last weekend I bought a memory foam pillow, cupped top, cooling pockets, mesh cover -- the most deluxe features I could find -- but it's still too thick. It compresses but doesn't stay compressed, doesn't allow me to sleep face down on it. I just took a bread knife and sliced my new pillow in half, thickness-wise. We'll see if it works tonight.

Am I literally the only person on earth who doesn't sleep on my side?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pillows    Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:28 am

I use a down pillow because I like a thin pillow most of the time. It can be flattened with ease.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Pillows    Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:38 am

Can a down pillow cause Down Syndrome?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pillows    Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:42 am

No, but it can cause Duck's Ass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pillows    Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:26 am

Or - depending on the type of down - you can develop chronic Goose Neck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Pillows    Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:36 pm

If you overfill it does it become a double down pillow?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pillows    

Back to top Go down

Pillows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Topics :: Science & Tech-
Jump to: